ID:194845

I'm the turf and building artist for my game, and I spent nearly 20 minutes on paint perfecting the outline for the famous Edo Castle, and you can see what I based it off. I then put some basic colors onto it. I'll shade them later, but for now, i'd like some feedback : D

EdoC

Photobucket
WOW! Nicely done, dude. Up for a job? I've been looking for a pixel artist who can help me with my game. I just need stuff like Buildings. I need some simple house buildings for a town and some tall buildings for a city.
In response to Jamora1124
Alright xD always happy to help, hit me up [email protected]
In response to Kyoto521
Wait, you're going to help me? Seriously? Well, my MSN is [email protected] but, if you get a message from me while I'm offline (That message giving you a link), ignore it, it's some stupid virus bothering you.

I have an email which is :[email protected]. I am SO glad to be working with you.
You have very inconsistent perspective going on. It looks like the top part is just floating, and the middle section is especially weird. Try to manually draw some of the curves 'n lines as well, instead of relying on the line tool. It's incredibly boxy compared to your source image. Your scaling is all messed up. Sections are different sizes and shapes they shouldn't be.

Also if this is some sort of April Fools Joke...
In response to Maggeh
Maggeh wrote:
Also if this is some sort of April Fools Joke...

You know where we are >.>. I doubt it.
In response to Maggeh
Eh, you can only do that much on paint xD

I have actually tried editing it using Sib's Icon Editor and Graphics gale. The shapes look much more realistic in comparison to the first one, and I added some proper shading in too. Should be done soon enough...
In response to Kyoto521
Kyoto521 wrote:

I have actually tried editing it using Sib's Icon Editor and Graphics gale. The shapes look much more realistic in comparison to the first one, and I added some proper shading in too. Should be done soon enough...

You can do everything with pixel art in paint.
In response to Pmitch
Pmitch wrote:
Kyoto521 wrote:

True but, if you feel like getting an extra boost in your art, you should try downloading a decent art program. If you're cheap, I'd suggest getting Gimp or even, an even more useful tool "Pant.NET", which is an extended and more Photoshop-like version of MS Paint. But, if you have the cash, I'd suggest buying a digital pen or even downloading Photoshop. Of course, using these programs takes time, as well as practice. The more you work in it, the easier it get's for you.
Jamora1124 wrote:
Pmitch wrote:
Kyoto521 wrote:

True but, if you feel like getting an extra boost in your art, you should try downloading a decent art program. If you're cheap, I'd suggest getting Gimp or even, an even more useful tool "Pant.NET", which is an extended and more Photoshop-like version of MS Paint. But, if you have the cash, I'd suggest buying a digital pen or even downloading Photoshop. Of course, using these programs takes time, as well as practice. The more you work in it, the easier it get's for you.

Do you know what your talking about? You don't need Photoshop, or fancy stuff. Gimp, Paint.net, or even a digital pen is not required for pixel art sure they do work but they don't boost your "art". Kyoto just keep submitting your work and you'll see improvement slowly as you get CC.
Jamora1124 wrote:
Wait, you're going to help me? Seriously? Well, my MSN is [email protected] but, if you get a message from me while I'm offline (That message giving you a link), ignore it, it's some stupid virus bothering you.

I have an email which is :[email protected]. I am SO glad to be working with you.

Jamora1124 if you would like to know how to fix that virus, Change your password. I've helped several people cover that so far and it worked. Just tell me if it does.