I recently joined dbz taisan i was working on some npc's
C&C Is welcome be as ruthless as you want=l
i used a few colors from the gba versions suit but thats about it=p
Firekid wrote:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To be fair thats not a bad attempt although, A wise pixel artist once said try keeping your icons as smooth as possible ;)
Also your pallet is off the mark, =P

Photobucket

See the benifits of smooth and a correct pallet? :)
In response to Chris-g1
Chris-g1 wrote:
Firekid wrote:

To be fair thats not a bad attempt although, A wise pixel artist once said try keeping your icons as smooth as possible ;)

Photobucket

Indeed i do thanks allot ^^
In response to Firekid
I like both of them fire, but redo the edges on his suit the look like spikes, nice job on the hair.
In response to Rasengan3oo4
They are supposed to look like spikes. <.<

http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/leadbeater/259/ 08c58360.gif
In response to Andre-g1
Your link don't work..
In response to Chris-g1
Chris-g1 wrote:
Firekid wrote:

Photobucket

With an icon that small, theres no need to put lines in the pads on the armor. I do like your edit, but it could use abit more contrast in the pants area.

The biggest crit for this base IMO is the hair. Its covering the ears, and its hard to see where his head ends and where the hair starts, try fixing that.
In response to Chris-g1
Chris-g1 wrote:
Firekid wrote:

Photobucket

As far as the problem was I think you had the right idea, the palette needed tweaking/colors weren't really balanced out well. But that edit goes so far to the point where it gets worse because it's flat (I'd actually call that removing contrast rather then smoothness) but atleast the pallet is more balanced (I don't see a random black outline which makes transitions from different shades seem less consistent).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Worst problem in the original would be alot of colors that are over saturated. Most of you guys have your colors in that red zone (using the PUREST of purest colors which just aren't pleasing to the eye, you want to lower the saturation to that green zone.)
Saturation: (Level of Brightness; Level of gray)

<font color = 55a56b> Green Dot</font color = 55a56b>: Although he had a fine technique, it's even better to simplify, notice how the lighting ends at the knees? This is a 32x32 image so we draw things down to scale, we can assume half of that entire leg is where the knee is, thus ending the light at that point.

<font color = ba5c5c> Red Dot</font color = ba5c5c>: I notice the white gloves/shoes have an outline over at the wrist/ankles. I don't see why many people on byond consistently use an outline when there's already a color bordering it (blue underarmor in this case). Don't people see that double outlines will just make things more blurry? It's just pillow shading on a low offense.

<font color = 6a7bb9> Blue Dot</font color = 6a7bb9>: Hair had all the lighting from the very tip, which will just look odd with spikey hair. I don't know why the face was red. Don't be afraid to stray away from what you commonly see on byond by trying out different styles and even a bit of hue shifting (once you believe you have good control over palette functions [hue,saturation,etc]).
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Chris-g1 wrote:
Firekid wrote:

Photobucket

As far as the problem was I think you had the right idea, the palette needed tweaking/colors weren't really balanced out well. But that edit goes so far to the point where it gets worse because it's flat (I'd actually call that removing contrast rather then smoothness) but atleast the pallet is more balanced (I don't see a random black outline which makes transitions from different shades seem less consistent).

Worst problem in the original would be alot of colors that are over saturated. Most of you guys have your colors in that red zone (using the PUREST of purest colors which just aren't pleasing to the eye, you want to lower the saturation to that green zone.)

<font color = 55a56b> Green Dot</font color = 55a56b>: Although he had a fine technique, it's even better to simplify, notice how the lighting ends at the knees? This is a 32x32 image so we draw things down to scale, we can assume half of that entire leg is where the knee is, thus ending the light at that point.

<font color = ba5c5c> Red Dot</font color = ba5c5c>: I notice the white gloves/shoes have an outline over at the wrist/ankles. I don't see why many people on byond consistently use an outline when there's already a color bordering it (blue underarmor in this case). Don't people see that double outlines will just make things more blurry? It's just pillow shading on a low offense.

<font color = 6a7bb9> Blue Dot</font color = 6a7bb9>: Hair had all the lighting from the very tip, which will just look odd with spikey hair. I don't know why the face was red. Don't be afraid to stray away from what you commonly see on byond by trying out different styles and even a bit of hue shifting (once you believe you have good control over palette functions [hue,saturation,etc]).

as for the red face the base explains it=p
In response to Firekid
I hope you read Hulio's critic its helpful.
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Chris-g1 wrote:
Firekid wrote:

Photobucket

I actually got the Main colour from a refence of Vegeta's clothing and did a colour ramp to make the pallet =/ As for the shading error on my part >_> dang =/
In response to Rasengan3oo4
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:
I hope you read Hulio's critic its helpful.

It looks like he just copied my legs and the hair he liked best then said screw it. ;/
Photobucket

Well..since this Topic was of Vegeta, I decided to post mines as well. Since I don't want to flood the forum with a bunch of topics.
I'd like to say thanks to LG for giving me tips on the hair.

I wan't everyone's opinions before I give it a shot at animation.

P.S: Vegeta has his arms crossed. Not blocking.
In response to Jordan11
Probably a better idea to make your own topic for different work rather than hijack someone else's.
In response to Jordan11
Jordan11 wrote:
Photobucket

Well..since this Topic was of Vegeta, I decided to post mines as well. Since I don't want to flood the forum with a bunch of topics.
I'd like to say thanks to LG for giving me tips on the hair.

I wan't everyone's opinions before I give it a shot at animation.

P.S: Vegeta has his arms crossed. Not blocking.

i like it all tho his pose is kinda of off im not sure why but thats how i feel=p plus i don't mind you posting yours in my topic
In response to AmonR
AmonR wrote:
Probably a better idea to make your own topic for different work rather than hijack someone else's.

Yeah, true. I just didn't want to flood the forum. Lol, sorry Firekid.
In response to Jordan11
Jordan11 wrote:
AmonR wrote:

Yeah, true. I just didn't want to flood the forum. Lol, sorry Firekid.

np i already told you i don't mind you posting your npc=p
In response to Firekid
you only need that one spike way at the top for the hair. It looks cluttered with three.