ID:194882

Check it out. Its called a Hellknight(yeah i know, not that original, any name suggestions?) Constructive criticism would be great(I just started iconing). This is the final form of one of the characters you choose.
South:

North:
Prety nice icon, the movement looks a bit funny tho kinda generic, thats all I can think of.
In response to Jcpnov123
Jcpnov123 wrote:
Prety nice icon, the movement looks a bit funny tho kinda generic, thats all I can think of.

Thank you, honestly I was kinda thinking the same, but couldn't think of how to make it more interesting.
In response to 8BitGeek
8BitGeek wrote:
Jcpnov123 wrote:

Thank you, honestly I was kinda thinking the same, but couldn't think of how to make it more interesting.

Well, for starters id suggest loosening him up. Spread his legs and arms by one pixel.

Shading wise, Youve given the arms a lightsource, but the head and torso are missing one and the legs have two different lightsources. Give the torso and head the same lightsource you gave the arms.

Animation wise, move the animation down in the 2nd and 4th frames. instead of having the arm moving towards the torso in the 2nd or 4th frame, lift the arm and hand upwards and make the leg on the same side shorter. make the shorter leg darker to give it the illusion that its further away.
In response to 8BitGeek
He looks likes hes marching, maybe look at some other bases movements to get a idea.
In response to Pmitch
Pmitch wrote:
8BitGeek wrote:
Jcpnov123 wrote:

Well, for starters id suggest loosening him up. Spread his legs and arms by one pixel.

Shading wise, Youve given the arms a lightsource, but the head and torso are missing one and the legs have two different lightsources. Give the torso and head the same lightsource you gave the arms.

Where do you see the two different light sources for the legs? Also I couldn't figure out how to add the lightest red (3 are used) for the light source on the body, it just looks funky, I even tried making the body 1 shade lighter. Any suggestions?

Animation wise, move the animation down in the 2nd and 4th frames. instead of having the arm moving towards the torso in the 2nd or 4th frame, lift the arm and hand upwards and make the leg on the same side shorter. make the shorter leg darker to give it the illusion that its further away.

I tried moving the arm/hand up, but, it just didn't seem right. I kinda want his shoulders to sway back and forth, like hes kinda limbering. Darkening the shorter leg worked nicely as well as moving the arms 1 pix apart