ID:1948820

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
if i press play now nothing happens at al. im have a asus laptop with windows 8 and i just intalled byond
Are you doing it through a browser or through the byond program? You might need to associate byond with byond:// links.
Best response
The full installer should really be setting up the byond:// link association. Koekiegast, we'll need a lot more information to help you--like what exact steps you're taking to play a game and what happens. I also suggest opening Task Manager to see if any of the BYOND processes (byond.exe, dreamseeker.exe) start up for you when you try to play a game.
i do it from the byond website, i can click the byond shortcut as much as i can butt no program shows up and in task maneger is see BYOND(32bid), to play a game i go to the website click on the game that i want to play and then i click on the play now button next to a server name. and 1 more thing im dutch with a dutch computer
In response to Koekiegast
It might be the localization of your OS that is breaking or blocking the application from connecting to the appropriate link.
The missing .dll thing is a beta issue, but it will be addressed before 509 goes stable. In the meantime, you can download the missing file from a reputable site and put it with your system's other 32-bit .dll files.
ok thanks