ID:194898

Yo. Here are a few turfs I've made for the current project I'm working on (Which is hiring, go to the classifieds XD). I tried to replace the dirt with my thick grass, since my dirt isn't really show-worthy...but putting it in GIF format messed up the colors on my grass for some reason. *shrugs* The grass still needs to me edited, to make it flow better, but I think it's okay for now. Anyways, tell me what you think.

(Left top) Got a stone path/underwater rock turf. Alpha'd water looks nice over top of it.
(Right top) Recolored stone path. Not sure what to use it for, just wanted to mess with my pallet. XD
(Left middle) Grass. Pretty seamless, flows nicely.
(Right middle) Simple yet effective sand icon.
(Left bottom) Water. o.o
(Right bottom) Dirt icon. I think I'm going to use this for paths inside of a village, and make a darker version for mud.

Thick grass. It seems sorta rainforesty, so I guess it could be inside of forests/swamps..?
(<-- posted updated version.)

C&C both welcome, and appreciated. ^^

Nice turfs, they look really good especially the water its awesome XD, cant wait for your game!
(Left top) Got a stone path/underwater rock turf. Alpha'd water looks nice over top of it.
(Right top) Recolored stone path. Not sure what to use it for, just wanted to mess with my pallet. XD

ok on these i would go for a 2 more colours in the pallet, one darkest, one lightest to give it more depth
like so
Photobucket
(sorry because you posted a larger scale, i got lazy and did it on 32 and pasted in as you can tell =P)

going off your pallet, id say you did this with photoshop brushes right? lol thats a no no =P

Photobucket

no clue what it is lol

(Left bottom) Water. o.o

weird but i do like the water(plus i dont have the time to touch animation >_<

(Right bottom) Dirt icon. I think I'm going to use this for paths inside of a village, and make a darker version for mud.

Thick grass. It seems sorta rainforesty, so I guess it could be inside of forests/swamps..?
as for this grass... i would start again by drawing the shape out, looks like you filled it and just cut out random parts
=P
good start on the most though and goodluck.
In response to Chris-g1
Thanks for the edit on the rocks, I dunno why you repasted the pallet with the rocks, but okay. XD Here is an updated version of just the rocks;

Mine on the left, edited edit on the right. I see where you added in the brighter highlight...and in paint it looked kinda funny for some reason, but I think it looks way better now. (For some reason it's hard to notice after it was uploaded.)

Ehh, I planned on doing grass too, but somethings came up. I will edit later. XD
KashikoiMeisai wrote:
Yo. Here are a few turfs I've made for the current project I'm working on (Which is hiring, go to the classifieds XD). I tried to replace the dirt with my thick grass, since my dirt isn't really show-worthy...but putting it in GIF format messed up the colors on my grass for some reason. *shrugs* The grass still needs to me edited, to make it flow better, but I think it's okay for now. Anyways, tell me what you think.

(Left bottom) Water. o.o

C&C both welcome, and appreciated. ^^

That thick grass reads a lot more like it's solid rock or green cobblestone or something, rather than grass.
In response to KashikoiMeisai
KashikoiMeisai wrote:

Okay, I edited my grass. Actually, I didn't...I completely redid it. I thinned out the blades, and now I have lot less going on inside the tile. Anyways, here it is.
Pretty nice, though there is a dark horizantal line which makes it seem repeatfull
KashikoiMeisai wrote:
KashikoiMeisai wrote:

Okay, I edited my grass. Actually, I didn't...I completely redid it. I thinned out the blades, and now I have lot less going on inside the tile. Anyways, here it is.

work on a bigger scale,try 64x64 because its so much easier to break the grid =P also its improved but grass isnt usally that thick so maybe play with the size =P
In response to Chris-g1
Okay, will do! Also, the reason I made it so thick is because it's supposed to be like plants/tropical type grass. XD
I'mma see what I can cook up.
Also if you do make a 64x64 grass tile you can do the method I say to use to break the grid and make it more seamless in my Grass Tutorial. Also what would be cool is when your walking through tall grass you see it move(Like in the old pokemon games).
In response to Bakasensei
I've seen your tutorial before, it's for more....line grass though. I'm going for a plant look. D; And yeah, that would be pretty cool. XD
I got bored and made some uber contrast...
And played with the pallet.

Dead grass! lol.
Or something funky, meh.
Looks interesting, i must admit.
As for your turfs, nice =)
Nice improvement on the grass.
Really like the water.
In response to W1ldr3x
Okay, I think I'm done with the grass. I didn't do much, just added some random things to make it seem less boxy. I will post a couple waters I have made aswell.

(Super shallow water, for the record. XD)

The waters are either being used, or will be soon. =D
If you're going to use all three waters like based from thee land(shallow first, then the medium depth, and so on), I would suggest you make some blending layers, so you don't have a shallow tile next to a medium depth tile(make like a border). You might already have this though, I was just trying to make sure you had it.
In response to Disturbed Puppy
Naturally. :) I have blending layers for almost every turf I make, even though these waters are 3 separate projects, I see what you would mean by blending them.
I think the grass looks kind of dead. It needs a more saturated palette.