PartIcons

by Flick
Generate particle effects as icons
ID:1949990

Just a few more features:

There is now a display of the cropping box size and a new vector variable, angle_shift, which changes the angle of the particles movement vector each frame.

This thing seems pretty awesome, and bad ass as well. I hope I get the chance to use it sometime soon. Also that particular animation with the... Butterflies? Reminds me a lot of the Krill in Gears of War... Oh, the horrors of meeting them for the first time!
Hey Flick, is there a way to add a background image first and then add the effects on after? I've been looking around for a bit and I can't find this. And would it be possible to declare the starting_PixelX and ending_PixelX(same with the Ys) for the particle animation? So this way we could modify it exactly how we want.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
Hey Flick, is there a way to add a background image first and then add the effects on after? I've been looking around for a bit and I can't find this. And would it be possible to declare the starting_PixelX and ending_PixelX(same with the Ys) for the particle animation? So this way we could modify it exactly how we want.

There is no way to add a background image at the moment, although that shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'm not sure how I'd set up placement and such though.

As far as setting a bounding box for the particles before generating them, that's tough. The variables you can set make a huge difference on the size of the particle group generated. I could pretty easily set it up so you can generate the particles and then scale the finished icon to whatever size you want though. That's what I'm doing with the 2/1, 1/2, and 1/4 size options when saving. I can allow user defined width and height values which should pretty much accomplish what you want.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for checking it out.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:

There is no way to add a background image at the moment, although that shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'm not sure how I'd set up placement and such though.
I think with the placement you could do the same thing you're doing with the particles. Just have one on side and the other on the other side.
As far as setting a bounding box for the particles before generating them, that's tough. The variables you can set make a huge difference on the size of the particle group generated. I could pretty easily set it up so you can generate the particles and then scale the finished icon to whatever size you want though. That's what I'm doing with the 2/1, 1/2, and 1/4 size options when saving. I can allow user defined width and height values which should pretty much accomplish what you want.

I'm not exactly sure how the width and height values work, it looked like they were controlling the crop size. Or are they manipulating the particles in any way?
I'll see what I can do tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for checking it out.
Not at all thank YOU for this, I have so many things I want to use this for already; I needed this without even knowing.