ID:1951299

(See the best response by Konlet.)
Problem description:
Hoping to have the cliche "cooldown timer" animation (dark & transparent filter over an icon, deleting itself in a clockwise direction to reveal the icon below).

It would be wildly easy if I could just adjust the icon_state timers @ runtime.

Failing that, is there something fancy I could do with animate and transform/rotate or w/e?
Best response
That would entail rendering only a portion of an icon's alpha to 0. To my knowledge, to perform a similar task you'll just have to create an icon_state and use them as overlays, but with animate I don't believe what you're asking is possible.
Hmm.. yeah I guess I'll have to just have an icon with 60 states and amend it every second.

Yaaayy more needless overhead, which is server-side. My fave.
why not just make a new obj layer that goes over it and call a proc to set the duration of how long you want it to be there and yeah o.o , doesn't have to be complicated D:
, just a simple transparent dark layer icon for hotslot and a simple proc... whats so hard about that lmao.
In response to Hebrons
I'd still need to call for a change to maptext/something else every second -- i would need to display a numeric timer.

A simple binary ready/not ready system would frustrate people when skills have cooldowns ranging from seconds to minutes. The solution to that problem is to use world.time differences to display the time remaining each time you try to use the skill.

I guess, in answering my own question, the solution would be a mix of all of the above.

3 states (nearly ready, not ready, long time away from ready) + time left on attempt. The polar opposite of an elegant solution, but unless anyone has better ideas?

Edit - hey. maybe the final state can be a 3-5 second animation. whoo.