ID:1951551

Resolved
Importing .gif files could create junk pixels in place of transparency.
BYOND Version:509.1302
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 45.0.2454.101
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When importing sprites from .gif files (and ONLY .gif files), the output seems corrupt and overall just really weird. It appears to happen all the time.

Some examples of corrupted data:

This is a new occurrence with the latest BYOND releases, but I can't exactly say when it began because I don't know. The corrupted pixels also only happen when the background is transparent.
Have you tried cutting out the frames from the gif and importing them individually or are you trying to import the whole gif?

Can you reproduce a method that doesn't have the artifacts, in other words. Are you sure it isn't just the source files?
In response to AERProductions
I'm 100% sure it's not the source file.

No, I haven't tried cutting the gif into frames. That's not the point of this bug report, though. I'm trying to import the whole gif.
In response to AERProductions
Just so we're all on the same page (and to show my files aren't corrupted) here's the third .gif file:

http://puu.sh/kt9BE/fcdb1f95dc.gif
I made a very minor change to .gif imports a little while back, but the change I made shouldn't have impacted this. It's possible there's another one I'm not aware of. I'll take a look at it soon.
I haven't been able to reproduce this issue, but I put in a little sanity wipe on the allocated memory related to my last change. I suspect that'll take care of it in 509.1303, but please retest when that's out.
509.1303 seems to have fixed the issue!
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Importing .gif files could create junk pixels in place of transparency.