ID:1951723

Poll: What's your favorite kind of music?

Techno/Electro 11% (3)
Rap 23% (6)
Alternative Rock 30% (8)
Hard Rock/Deathmetal 15% (4)
Classical 0% (0)
Country 0% (0)
Pop 0% (0)
Other (Reply with genre) 19% (5)

Login to vote.

I know there's a similar thread about good musics to listen to for programming and such, but I'd like to know what your favorite genres are overall. Personally, I'm all about that 90's Alternative lately. House of Pain, Gorillaz, Kriss Kros, y'all know what I mean.
A tie between rap and rock, which is why I love Linkin Park because they combine those genres flawlessly into something that transcends both rap and rock. Linkin Park belongs in a genre by themselves called "Perfection". Plus the fact that a lot of the issues they talk about in their songs are issues I went through as well and being able to relate to a band is probably even more important than the music itself. A lot of the reason why Tupac and Biggie were so legendary is because people from the streets "felt" the music - the topics they were discussing were familiar and they all shared the same goals. They weren't just musicians, they were essentially the voice of the "hood" and everyone felt and went through the same struggles those two did growing up.

But yeah, rap and rock.
Why not rock and rap?
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
Why not rock and rap?

rack Q.Q

But Alternative Rock and Trap
In response to EmpirezTeam
Lol I like Linkin Park a lot too.
japanese
In response to Vrocaan
Japanese traditional, J-rock, J-pop, anime music? What do you mean xD
In response to Konlet
yes
Chief Keef & Glo Gang
It totally depends what I'm doing and what mood I'm in. With that in mind, I listen to anything except nonsense, pop (a rather nebulous word, I know, but just think Miley Cyrus or LMFAO and you've got everything I hate bottled up. I guess I just hate dance party pop music. Some people might call certain rock types pop -- Jason Mraz, for example, whom I adore. So that's why I'm being specific about the word.), and anything heavy rock. Even slightly heavy turns me off and does nothing for me. But anything else is good to go.

I guess I could still weed out my general preferences. Even though I'll listen to anything, I'd rather listen to some things more than others. Generally I leave country and pure rap alone. I love classic 70s and 80s rock, and pretty much anything with some kind of different beat. Hip-hop, reggae, jazz, celtic, african, and middle-eastern beats. They all appeal to me immensely. And I like video game music. It really is impossible to pick one favorite genre.
Alternative-PostModern-Indie-Cowbell.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Chief Keef & Glo Gang

Young pappy, GD's and the weeknd.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu9iQhfGkwI
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hVLwWH4RY
Video game music (Final Fantasy, Armored Core, Front Mission, etc), Anime Music (Deadman Wonderland, Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, Eureka 7, FLCL, Outlaw Star, etc), Japanese(Pillows, NIRGILIS, Do as Infinity, Ayumi Hamasaki, Dir En Grey, Larc En Ciel, Luna Sea, +many more)/Korean/Chinese/Etc/World music, Classic rock, Classical, Electronica, and many more genre's. I listen to a wide variety of music, more than I care to list.

I leave you with this:
Awesomeness.
:)
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hVLwWH4RY

bless <3
My musical taste is eclectic. I like pop that's actual pop, especially bubblegum pop. Some rock. Techno is all right by me too. I'm allergic to country.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm allergic to country.

thank you
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm allergic to country.

thank you

yeah i think if i was given the choice of listening to skrillex or the latest hit country song, i'd choose skrillex.
Page: 1 2