Wrong, all of you. The only correct answer is Tupac. You have all failed this test for humanity, I feel great sorrow in my heart.

I listen to soundtracks I like, Tupac, select rock songs, and Frank Sinatra.
I always feel bad for people when they just list one or two artists or genres they always listen to. There's just so much out there to enjoy. Hell, I've been spending the last couple hours listening to Gaelic folk music -- and it's incredible. It's like when someone only eats the same kind of food like plain fried chicken tenders and french fries. I weep for their condition (both their health condition and their condition of closed-mindedness).
In response to Fugsnarf
I listen to whatever is available, not a lot I don't like.

Not liking music at all doesn't mean you're like-minded, music is about taste. I always feel bad for people that judge others based on their individual taste, but I guess that's just me being closed minded.
Yeah, it's fine to have tastes. I've met a lot of people that only listen to one or two artists and never even try anything else, though. Those are the people I really wish would dip their feet a little more in the water. It's not about liking everything, but at least experiencing it and finding new things you love along the way.
The main reason I still tolerate the radio at all is that I live in the hope of discovering new music I'll like--which from time to time, I do.

On the other hand, it also inspired me to develop the Nicki Minaj rage scale.
The main reason I still tolerate the radio at all is that I live in the hope of discovering new music I'll like--which from time to time, I do.

I ran into this band because of the radio, and I'm very fond of them now. I really like this whole blues-rock revivalism niche that the Black Keys and the White Stripes opened back up. The Doors' influence lives.

As for what I listen to... I listen to a lot of chiptune-inspired Glitch-hop, post-trance Chillstep, a ton of blues-metal, a good amount of death metal (particularly goblin and viking themed death metal), power metal, industrial, post-punk, and drug-fueled LA Scene metal.

I'm particularly fond of Scars on Broadway, Serj Tankian, System of a Down, Blackmill, Glitch Mob, Haywyre, Nekrogoblikon, Amon Amarth, Sabaton, the Offspring, Avenged Sevenfold, Steam Powered Giraffe, and the Cog is Dead.

Basically, I listen to everything except country. I listen to a fair bit of rap, but the mainstream stuff is garbage.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
I always feel bad for people when they just list one or two artists or genres they always listen to.

The poll specifically stated for your favorite, which is why there are one or two artist/genre replies. Had the thread said "list every single artist and genre you listen to", I would've pointed out that I have Tchaikovsky, Hiroyuki Sawano, Zedd, Temptations, James Brown, Des'ree, Jhene Aiko, Coldplay, Three Days Grace, John Legend, Black Eye Peas, Pvris, Johann Strauss II, Calvin Harris, Nobuo Uematsu, Beyonce, Weeknd, Robin Thicke, Sum 41, Mos Def, Two Steps From Hell, Pegboard Nerds, Lindsey Sterling, Talib Kweli, Yellowcard, and the other 50 or so artists currently on my playlist.
Favorites are overrated. Diversity is the spice of life. Also cinnamon.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
the Nicki Minaj rage scale.

I think that's called being a human :o
The only music I don't listen to is country.

I listen to mostly rock music (any), and metal music (any except for death metal). Soundtrack from movies/games I listen to as well. Jazz, Pop and Rap are the only music genre that I listen to other than rock and metal at times.

The type of group music I listen to are Trivium, Sevendust, Metallica, Slayer (few), Dragon Force, In Flames, Motionless In White, Breaking Benjamin, and Machine Head.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Cinnamon is itself overrated. I mean, Sara Lee thinks it's okay to put that in a cheesecake crust? A special kind of cheesecake like pumpkin pie or something, sure, but regular cheesecake?

I like cinnamon, but it has to know its place. People throw it in everywhere.
Mainly rap/hip-hop and a little R&B/Soul, but anything with some substance and a sound I can vibe to is good in my book.

Edit:

Basically, I listen to everything except country. I listen to a fair bit of rap, but the mainstream stuff is garbage.

Sums it up.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

Cinnamon is itself overrated. I mean, Sara Lee thinks it's okay to put that in a cheesecake crust? A special kind of cheesecake like pumpkin pie or something, sure, but regular cheesecake?

Cheesecake is the most sacred of all the sweets. Oh, man.

When I was little, I'd put cinnamon on my steak.

I was a sir from the get-go.
I like Ben Folds.
I'd put cinnamon on my steak.

Cinnamon, chives, cloves, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic salt.

Put that shit in a pork sausage and you have an incredible breakfast meat.
In response to Ter13
I prefer a mix of sage, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and orange zest.
so am i the only person who likes cayenne pepper around here or wat

[edit] nvm didnt see ter's post
Wait... This thread is about music. I guess BYOND is hungry.
In response to Ter13
I love eating red hot chili peppers while listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Page: 1 2