The Untold Kingdoms

by Wikked_Klwn420
The Untold Kingdoms
New original open world semi sandbox Medieval RPG seen never before!
ID:1954459

I never did post anything saying that progress on the game was stopped for a while due to my artist having to attend to his University. He's back now, not as much, but more than he was. So we are now slowly but surely getting things back onto the road again.

Not a whole lot has been done so far, but this is what is going on at the moment.

Since my artist is back, he's finishing up doing my UI art, so UI and a couple interfaces will be getting a little makeover.

Also, I came to the conclusion that the Settlement system would have been a no go in the near future and would have caused problems. So I removed the Settlements system, but the Player housing system is still intact and still works. The settlements would have just got too out of hand later on and would have made things confusing and possibly caused too much lag in the future, so I think it was better off to remove it now then end up most likely removing it later on.

Now with that said, there is a new system I have decided to add in. It's not a huge feature, but I do think it will make things interesting.

Yesterday I finished up a Criminal feature. Since the game is Open World PvP, you don't want to just go around killing others with absolutely no pain or gain. So, the Criminal feature isn't totally finished quite yet, but the basics of it is done. This is how it works:

Everyone starts out not tagged as a criminal, now if a non criminal player, attacks another non criminal player, the attacker becomes tagged as a criminal. This means that anyone that's not tagged as a criminal, may attack the criminal WITHOUT getting tagged as one themselves. If the attacker is a non criminal, and the defending player that is being attacked, is a criminal, then the attacker does not get tagged as a criminal since they are attacking one themselves. The criminal status will only last for about 5 minutes, before you automatically get untagged as a criminal, this timer will carry over through logout/logins. While being tagged as a criminal, if you happen to get killed, no matter by an npc or another player, you will drop ALL items in your inventory, that are owned by you, excluding items that you have equipped, You will keep those upon dying.

Right now killing non criminals doesn't really have an upside, but we are working on that, so it's actually worth more to be a criminal, but it's also dangerous to risk everything you have on you. (EDIT: Made it so players drop 1/6th of the Coins they are carrying when they die, so you get something out of killing non criminals)

Note due to the stealing system I added in awhile ago, any items picked up by anybody whose owner isn't themselves, will get tagged as stealing items. Remember there is a time limit on how long before the ownership of the item(s) switch over to you. If you die, or logout with any items whose ownership isn't yours, they will drop on the ground.

So, let's just say you are a criminal, and a non criminal happens to just come up and kill you, you will drop all your items that aren't equipped, on the ground, along with any items you may have stolen and hasn't switched ownership yet. The non criminal player may pick up all your items, but then even though they aren't a criminal, they will get tagged as stealing since the items aren't theirs. This gives you more time to go back to that player, and kill them, making them drop items that aren't theirs (So all the items they just took from your dead body). So you can get revenge, and still get your items back. If you are quick enough that is.

Small updates today (10/3/2015):

- Added player created Signs. Will cost Coin to create, get to choose the name, and three different lines of text. First line of text has to have some text, the two other texts can be blank. To read a sign, go up to it and double click it. The sign is spawned in the same position as the player. (The signs will save/load to the spot they are created on)

- Made it so when a player dies, they will drop 1/6th of the Coins they are carrying in their inventory.

Update Log (10/5/2015 & 10/6/2015):

- Added skill leveling. Max skill/spell level is 10. Leveling a skill isn't based on experience, to level a skill you must use it a certain amount of times. A skill will level every 50 uses of that skill. Skill cooldown time will decrease at certain levels, and Heka cost will increase every level. Skills that do damage also get some damage boost each level. Basic skills are fixed skills and do not get a cooldown decrease or do damage.

- Added 2 Basic skills (Dash, Run Back) Both of these are to either help you get out of combat faster, or to help you out in combat, you choose how they're used. Distance is based on skill level.

- Added 2 Archery Skills (Quick Shot, Multi Shot) Quick Shot will allow you to shoot an arrow instantly with a quicker speed than normal that increases with it's skill level. Also does a little bit more damage than a normal shot. Multi shot allows you to shoot more than 1 arrow at a time, as long as you have the required amount of arrows equipped. Starting out you can only shoot 2 arrows at a time, when maxed out you shoot 5 arrows at a time.

- Added 1 Melee Skill (Sever) Upon using the skill, you must be in close melee range of who you are trying to hit. The skill can only be used when wielding some type of Sword. You will slice your target and then cause them to bleed every half a second for 5 seconds. The damage of the bleed status if determined by skill level.

welcome back