ID:1954473

BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 45.0.2454.93
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Usage of the irc command will crash DreamSeeker

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1. Open DreamSeeker and connect anywhere.
2. Input irc:whatever into the command bar.
3. Crash.

Expected Results:
No Crash?

Actual Results:
Crash!
Do you mean typing irc: straight into the command input bar? What do you mean by 'crash'? World disconnects? Dream Seeker closes itself? Not responding?

I'm not getting a crash, but I am getting the expected behavior, which is it asking if you want to connect to an IRC world:

However, when I turn off "query-links" in cfg/seeker.txt and type irc: it automatically tries to connect without prompting, outputting "Invalid network address." in the default output control.

I looked at the SS13 tracker for the issue and the users says they're getting an 'add friend' prompt, which usually only happens when you link("[byond key]"). No idea how that would happen with irc:.

It's odd that this is happening for irc: (and telnet:). file: just closes Dream Seeker. mailto: opens up your default browser. All of this should probably only happen with // appended.
I've made a small gif that shows what's happening.

http://i.imgur.com/719dopR.gifv
That just looks like the world is being disconnected, which is the behavior with "query-links off" in cfg/seeker.txt

Try setting "query-links on" in cfg/seeker.txt as a workaround - it'll prompt you asking if you want to disconnect.
I have no query-links off or query-links on set in seeker.txt, it should default to on, right? :)
In response to ErikHanson
ErikHanson wrote:
I have no query-links off or query-links on set in seeker.txt, it should default to on, right? :)

It's a very old option, so I don't think it's even added to seeker.txt at all anymore. It used to be placed into the file, and default to on, iirc. But since it's not there in new versions of BYOND, it's off.
The .gif doesn't show any kind of crash. I'm only seeing a disconnect, which makes sense if you're trying to connect to something else and it fails.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
The .gif doesn't show any kind of crash. I'm only seeing a disconnect, which makes sense if you're trying to connect to something else and it fails.

I think the problem is that irc:, and telnet: should not be triggering an attempt to connect to an address. irc:// and telnet://, should be however.