ID:1954714

(See the best response by DOLEVBARON.)
I'm currently running a shell for a game and i am sick of going into the shell over and over to manually update the files etc does anyone have http://www.byond.com/developer/Fushimi/ServerManager (download link is down in it for some reason) or something similar to remotely update a server through the game.?
I've set my own server to update each time it crushes/reboots, if it finds new update files in the given location. I've also set-up a single command to download, transfer the files and relaunch the host, works pretty well.. I guess you can also set the check for new files to be done every some time instead of each time the server stops.. Won't that do?
Do you use a verb to upload new files to a specific location? and yea that would do can you show me how to do it ^^?
Best response
Uploading the file is made through the shell, I just make sure to keep the update files in a specific location all the time, so the shell will find it when it's looking for it.. The way I do it is by running a Linux Shell on a virtual machine (may aswell be a real machine), and the commands are executed through the shell by writing a self-made command in it - For me, atleast, that is easier than having to actually enter the game in order to update it.. What exactly would you like to know?