ID:1955415

Resolved
Number key macros (not counting Numpad0 through Numpad9) did not parse correctly in .dms files.
BYOND Version:509 (please use Other... and specify minor build)
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 45.0.2454.101
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Haha, I've actually known about this problem for quite a while. It's been an issue since the first release of the webclient, actually.

Basically, there's no way to properly index macros by number keys. For example, the following will return a compilation error:

macro
1 return "do-key-1"
2 return "do-key-2"

/*
layout.dms:94:error at '1': expected end of macro block
layout.dms:94:error at '1': unexpected character
*/

The lazy workaround to this I've come up with is to define an event listener for "#skin" such event.which is between (49, 56) (which correspond to 1-9 on the keyboard). There seem to be some issues with event permutation, though, and the keys don't properly fire off all the time - which is why I'd prefer to be able to just define them via a .dms file.
In the interface editor you can define macros there that will allow the use of 0-9
In response to Kozuma3
I'm not sure that'll work in my situation. I've actually not experimented with mixing up .dms and .dmf files, though.
I think this happens with the minus and equals keys too. It expects "-" and "=" but neither are "valid characters" and no escaped versions are accepted either.

edit: I could've sworn it used to give compiler errors, but this seems to work now. It even works with winset()-created macros, when I'm sure it used to require url_encode().
I believe with - and = you have to use the spelled-out form like Minus and Plus. But the numbers not working is definitely wrong; I'll look into it.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Number key macros (not counting Numpad0 through Numpad9) did not parse correctly in .dms files.