ID:1955442

Resolved
Profiling options have been improved for the webclient. The classic browser interface can be used in a popup browser:

byond://?debug=profile;window=mypopup

Or, mostly unformatted output can be sent to a control, paving the way for a dedicated profiler control:

byond://?debug=profile;output=mycontrol
byond://?debug=profile;switch=off;output=mycontrol
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
The Webclient should have a functionality similar to DreamSeeker's to immediately begin a profiling routine.

The biggest hurdle would be, I suppose, to replicate the UI in HTML/CSS/JS. Otherwise, this seems like a theoretically-simple addition that would further DS-ify the Webclient.
Doohl wrote:
The Webclient should have a functionality similar to DreamSeeker's to immediately begin a profiling routine.

The biggest hurdle would be, I suppose, to replicate the UI in HTML/CSS/JS. Otherwise, this seems like a theoretically-simple addition that would further DS-ify the Webclient.

The secret here is that there is already an HTML-based UI for the profiler. I'm pretty sure it's not available in the webclient, though.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Profiling options have been improved for the webclient. The classic browser interface can be used in a popup browser:

byond://?debug=profile;window=mypopup

Or, mostly unformatted output can be sent to a control, paving the way for a dedicated profiler control:

byond://?debug=profile;output=mycontrol
byond://?debug=profile;switch=off;output=mycontrol
Nice to see ancient undocumented features being expanded upon, really.