ID:1955460

Resolved
BYOND Version:509.1303
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 47.0.2508.0
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
I have a world with only a single verb, no map, nothing else.
In the web client, this doesn't even generate a proper verb panel. It does nothing. The verbs aren't even added to mob. Not entirely sure what other limitations it creates.

When you include a map, suddenly everything works.
This is still an issue in 1319.
in your skin, put an invisible map somewhere, or in an invisible window, and see if that works as a workaround
In response to Mista-mage123
That's.. counterproductive.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
That's.. counterproductive.

I would argue it's productive as it would allow the OP to continue developing his project until a proper fix is available

i think the word you were looking for is counter-intuitive
You're missing the point here. This is a bug that needs to be addressed, telling him of ways around it, when he KNOWS adding a map makes things work accordingly, is not helping at all and is thus not being productive, you're being counterproductive.

coun·ter·pro·duc·tive
ËÅ’koun(t)Éâ„¢rprÉ™ˈdÉâ„¢kt iv/
adjective
having the opposite of the desired effect.

The desired effect here being the bug needs to be fixed, not worked around
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
The desired effect here being the bug needs to be fixed, not worked around

As you should know, one of the data that is expected in a bug report everytime you file a bug report in this forum is to list the workarounds for the problem.

OP didn't list many workarounds to his issue that would retain his intention to not have a map in the game. I listed a method that would let him continue developing his vision of a map-less game while the bug is getting fixed.

If you think that's counterproductive to his desired result of developing a map-less game, i suggest a different hobby maybe.
I'm pretty sure he just mentioned this because of all the issues people have been having with verbs on the web client(like myself, which was addressed), and not because he is actually building a game without a map. SSX has repeatedly stated this issue on several posts. Why did I say it is being counterproductive? because if you've been lurking around, you would know this. By reading this bug report, one can come to the logical conclusion that adding the map would show the verbs, as again, SSX had stated before. Not trying to be hostile here.
This is a bug, and will be looked into. I put it on my short list.

I don't think the invisible map suggestion is counterproductive, because it would allow the game to be worked on with relatively few changes while presenting an interface that superficially looks the way it should. SSX may decide that suggestion really doesn't work for the project, but maybe it'll turn out useful after all.
This is not showing up for me as an issue in newer versions as the follow-up comment said. Is there a test world you have that demonstrates this currently? The bug fix that dealt with cases like this appears to have worked according to my project, and my project is literally nothing more than this:

mob
verb/Hello()
src << "Hello!"

No icons or anything.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I guess this got fixed sometime between v1319 and now.
It wasn't. My guess is your last test was not actually in 1319 like you thought.
Lummox JR resolved issue