ID:1957053

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Hi.

I've recently just restored my computer and suddenly byond won't work. The client itself installs fine but when I try to 'join' a game or launch it, it doesn;t at all react to it. I was curious if anyone was aware of something that might fix this problem?

I've already tried install flash player and turning off my firewall.
Is Flash for IE installed? It's different from the Flash for real browsers, and it's needed here.

I would recommend checking out your task manager to see if dreamseeker.exe appears in the process list at any point, and if it disappears on its own or stays open.

Also, I strongly recommend doing a full reinstall of BYOND. You don't need to erase your old configs, but reinstalling should setup the byond:// protocol if it's not working properly on your system.
I actually fixed the problem. Thank you though! I wasn't aware you could install a 'stable' version. I installed the 'beta' which apparently doesn't work atm. Installing the 'stable' over the 'beta' fixed it.
Best response
The beta won't work for you if you don't have the right DirectX installed. (It requires 9.0c, and apparently some Windows installations don't come with it because Microsoft is run by monkeys.) If you download a DirectX updater you shouldn't have any further issues with the beta. Before stable release I intend to solve the problem by including a redistributable package with the BYOND installer.

Most likely, your computer restore removed the files needed for the right DirectX support.