ID:1959005

So I'm not much of an animal expert or anything but some cat has been in our backyard for the past 2 weeks or so. It kinda just hangs around meowing at me looking pitiful and whatnot, also brushed up against my leg a few times and yawns a lot. It doesn't seem to like my Mom and Dad ( he'll only come near me ) and only shows up like clockwork whenever I get home from work. It's like he has a watch or something and knows exactly when to expect me to appear like some sort of stalker. It seemed to be trying to eat its own tail so I figured it was starving and have been feeding it tuna and chicken.

The last time we had a stray cat in our yard, we called the animal control dudes but that didn't end so well. Apparently the cat put up a fight and ended up injuring himself after they stuffed it in the cage, its face was like cut up. So I've been hesitant to call them again because that might happen with this cat as well, it might hack off half its face trying to escape from whatever contraption they toss it into.

However, winter is coming up so it might just die if it's not sheltered, correct? Or do they survive in the cold like dogs? Anyway, I named it Mr. Whiskers ( not even sure if it's a male cat ) and I kinda feel like he's screwed either way it goes so I'll probably just keep giving it processed chicken until it dies from hypertension or hypothermia - whichever occurs first.
You have three primary options. One is to bring the cat inside and make it your indoor cat, the second is to leave somewhere sheltered from the cold like a shed with blankets accessable to the cat, and the third is to buy a cat carrier and put the cat in yourself then take it to a no kill shelter.

In option three, I recommend wearing gloves or mittens and a jacket to protect yourself from the claws as there may be some resistance. Grab the neck behind their head with one hand, and their back with the other for further resistance reduction.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I ... have been feeding it tuna and chicken.

It's now your cat. It will never leave.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I ... have been feeding it tuna and chicken.

It's now your cat. It will never leave.

Yup. Empirez-tan, you'll have to take responsibility.
You unwittingly adopted a cat and even went as far as naming it. You already subconsciously decided to keep it so welcome to the wonderful world of cat ownership. (:
Sounds like you found a master.
Congrats on your new baby boy, Pops!