In response to Alienx26
Alienx26 wrote:
is that the game i helped code and then they kicked me out because byond hates me?

I believe at your skill level it's best to tinker around with libraries and/or make things for fun for a bit until you get a better understanding of the language.
In response to Kozuma3
The mighty Alienx26? The one whom had promised us a BYOND app? Blasphemy!
I'm confused on how Ki Warriors and Sword & Soul Online got listed. I thought only games that were not Anime affiliated get listed in this. Ki Warriors is in fact Dragon Ball Z based (Obviously) with just a different name and Sword & Soul is based on Sword Art Online (Obviously). The only thing that makes them not associated with the Anime is the name of the game. And just so people don't think I'm "That Guy" cause that's the first assumption someone might make after reading this, I'm not against Byond Anime games at all, I'm making my own Anime-based game. And I also like how Sword & Soul looks. It is just that almost all of the time these updates are solely game ideas that has nothing to do with the lore of an Anime. Look at the previous Within Byond Issues.

I simply want to know the reason to why Ki Warriors and Sword & Souls got listed and does this mean other Anime-based games will get their updates here too in the newer issues?

And once again so nobody gets the wrong idea, I'm not saying to take them off the list. I just want an explanation to why they are there cause its the first time I'm seeing this, I'm not looking for fights.
Because the name and hub don't represent the anime. I develop a Pokémon game for example, if I changed the name to let's say "Pocket Monsters" and didn't show any Pokémon material on my hub I could show it on the front page and be listed in Byond Within.
In response to Pokemon Entertainment
I wish somebody told me that sooner. Now, I got some hub editing to do now.
Keep in mind what's inside the actual game doesn't matter at all currently how they have it setup to make your game known on BYOND. Only the name and what the hub shows. Hence why like 5 garbage DBZ games are on the front page.
The fact that Ki Warriors explicitly states that it is a dragonball z based game should remove it from that clause. We don't do news for the other dbz based games, even ones on the front page.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
We don't do news for the other dbz based games, even ones on the front page.

Hmm and yet it's still listed on Byond Within.. Weird.
Sword & Souls is clearly inspired by SAO, but I don't see anything directly linking the two enough to say it's a SAO game. SAO is just a ripoff of .Hack anyway, scrubs.

Not trying to sound bitter in any of this, but I'm not sure how I'm actually coming across. I'm only questioning the inclusion of not only a dbz game, but also a dbz game openly taking money from players. Why is the game even permitted to use BYOND's subscription system?
Well... You aren't wrong.
I don't see anything directly linking the two enough to say it's a SAO game. SAO is just a ripoff of .Hack anyway, scrubs.

SAO and .Hack's IPs are intentionally generic. The MMO background of the series are meant to be a generic jMMO as a trope. They are so derivative in and of themselves that the settings are nothing more than just enough wallpaper to communicate the appearance of a setting to the viewers. Really, the animes are character dramas and the setting is secondary to that character drama.

More or less an animated soap opera with a gimmicky trope for a setting.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

More or less an animated soap opera with a gimmicky trope for a setting.

Yeah. SAO seems to truly capture the 14-year old drama the world apparently needs?

IMO Log Horizon did better in terms of not making 90% of the anime filler.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
I believe at your skill level it's best to tinker around with libraries

Libraries are something that should only be made by someone who knows what they're doing.

In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Libraries are something that should only be made by someone who knows what they're doing.

It'll help get a better grasp at the syntax and built-in functions.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:

Much like a person practicing for their driver's license gets used to the feature of a car. That doesn't mean they should operate a bus full of people.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:

Much like a person practicing for their driver's license gets used to the feature of a car. That doesn't mean they should operate a bus full of people.

Apples and oranges.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Apples and oranges.

You can dismiss any analogy like that if you refuse to see what the analogy is telling you. If I have to spell it out: a library is something that is meant for general use, and thus has to be held to a higher standard than something meant for personal use or very limited use. Suggesting that someone who is learning how to program should work on something meant for general use is asinine.
In response to NNAAAAHH
i did promise the byond app but after i finished my game
Popisfizzy wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:
Apples and oranges.

You can dismiss any analogy like that if you refuse to see what the analogy is telling you. If I have to spell it out: a library is something that is meant for general use, and thus has to be held to a higher standard than something meant for personal use or very limited use. Suggesting that someone who is learning how to program should work on something meant for general use is asinine.

Thats what you don't seem to see, popisfizzy.
We're talking about BYOND here.
Also I never said work on, I said tinker with.

In response to Greggreg31
ask them i cant anymore i got banned from their forums
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7