ID:1968500

Problem description:
Honestly, I'm at a lost on what the webclient is and just want to know how I should get started with it.

Those who are experienced with the webclient, I would like it if you can reply with how a basic webclient code is setup. How to expand on it. And anything else to help me get a grasp on how it works.

Another thing is that I notice whenever I tried using the webclient every time I compile, it keeps pending me through an irritating advertisement. Is there anyway to avoid that? Because I honestly just can't with waiting through 30 seconds - 2 minutes of nonsense just to see if a function I make works.
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1779979

I don't like pointing to my incomplete webclient tutorial series, but yeah. That's probably the only beginner-level resource you'll see. If you have more specific questions, though, feel free to ask.
Another weird thing I'm noticing is that when I test any webclient project online, it ends up lagging me while whenever I run it in dream seeker, it runs fine.

If it cause of my pc specs then I have to put off developing for the webclient until I get a better pc.

Thanks for the post btw.
Doohl pretty much covered this, but as for the advertisement I think becoming a BYOND member will get rid of that. Other than that, I don't think there's a way if it's the actual webclient and not you using compile then running. You shouldn't ever see ads if you're connecting offline from the source its self.

In terms of lag, that's odd, but may just be that lummox is still optimizing the webclients performance or a bug that isn't present within dream seeker because of compatibility.

In theory, if it was your PC it should do trouble in both.
As far as performance goes, a lot depends on the specifics of the game. Large views have seen noticeably more client-side CPU usage than small ones, which makes sense although it'd be nice to trim that down. Likewise high framerates have seen more CPU usage.

Connecting to your game via a local URL won't produce an ad. E.g., http://www.byond.com/play/127.0.0.1:yourport should get you right into the game.