ID:1969170

(See the best response by Mr_Goober.)
No matter what I do for the past few years on beyond when it comes to hosting I always get Ports are not reachable for players. doses anyone know how to fix this?
Best response
The ports need to be forwarded through the network's router for your games to be hosted. To do this, you should connect to your router's webpage (typing in ipconfig in command prompt will give you the gateway IP if your router). Type the IP of your router into your browser to access the configuration site. There's usually a section for Port Forwarding. Choose a port number and select TCP/UDP for the protocol (if you see it). If the field asks for a range, type that number in for both the min and max.

When hosting using DS or DD, make sure it also uses that number to host. I usually use 53350 when hosting things on my tower. Other people like 1337.
I do that and now I get like ports can't be reach by other players check firewall, I also have McAfee on my computer.
Ick, McAfee? My condolences.

Probably the first thing you should try at this point is joining your game locally, by hitting the yellow join icon in Dream Daemon. That will connect to your game using 127.0.0.1 as the address. If that works, we know that DD can at least access the network.

Then I'd check your router configuration again. Just the other day, one user mentioned he was having trouble port forwarding, and he didn't realize that his local IP had changed from 192.168.0.6 to 192.168.0.10. That kind of thing could easily be it. If that's the case, what you want to do is tell your router to always reserve a specific address for your machine (which it recognizes by the MAC address); any modern router ought to have this feature, which is likely to be in DHCP settings. So for instance if your computer shows a MAC address of 01-23-45-67-89-AB, tell your router that its IP should be 192.168.0.101 (or whatever is appropriate), and update your port forwarding rules accordingly.
Trying It out I'll let you know if it works. Thanks man it means a ton.
It worked baby you are the man. Thanks man it means a whole lot.
Great! And thanks right back for supporting BYOND as a Member.