ID:1970038

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
So I am trying to play a game through the byond website. It started off at 295mbs to download to play the game! I know for sure the game doesnt even break 15mbs. After a good 30 mins of waiting it is now at 11.5mbs of 321mbs! What do I do?
Best response
I'd play a different game. Something is clearly wrong there.

There are a couple of developers who think something in that size range is acceptable, resource-wise. Given the way the system is setup, I can't agree with them.
Well is there a way to fix that? I mean the 321 Mbs resources keeps changing size. Its now 326. And has only gone up 0.2mbs. Also the game on the BYOND pager isnt that many ressources. Its doing it with every game I try. Also It seems other have been able to play this game without needed to download 326mb
If it's doing that with every game you try, something is extremely wrong. There's no way every game should be reporting the same download size.

I'm not sure what you mean about the pager. I was acting on the assumption you were trying to play a game via Dream Seeker. Do you mean that in Dream Seeker you have a certain size, but it's reporting this ginormous size in the webclient? (That would still be very strange.)
Yes DS is a different size than the webclient.
If it's the webclient reporting this ginormous growing size, my gut says you're looking at some kind of mondo weird cache issue. I'd recommend flushing your cache. But I can't know more without knowing your browser, what games you've tried, etc.
I am trying Bleach Hollow Flash, and the browser is Google Chrome that I am using
But you said you tried other games, right?

I could see if that one game's resources were growing if it was using a lot of dynamic icons--especially if it uses them badly, which is often the case for fangames.
So what should I do? I cant use the pager because I am using a friends pc. Whats a dynamic Icon?
Did you or did you not try other games? That's my point of confusion. You shouldn't be seeing the same result across all games; it makes zero sense.