ID:1970926

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
In working on my project, I've had to make a change of computers, but essentially the same setup. Windows 7, all up-to-date and the latest Beta BYOND version.

When I compile the program and attempt to run it, the Options and Messages pane shows up and just says "Logging In..." and just waits. It doesn't ever load the project, simply keep ticking away.

I've tried the stable release and even downgrading but it never loads. Starting games doesn't have any issues, it's just when I try to start up an instance on my own machine. I have no idea what kind of issue this could be. I've tried reinstalling but nothing is working.

Not sure if this is anything new, but the .rsc creates a .lk file for it as soon as DM opens. To my knowledge, the resource was only supposed to lock at runtime. I've tried deleting it, but it gives the "in use" error from Windows. I'm completely clueless and it's barring me from getting any more work done.
Best response
Why not delete (or rename) the .rsc and recompile?
Because, as I said above, it won't let me delete it while DM is running and as soon as it's started back up, it recreates both the .rsc and .rsc.lk files.
Open up your .int file for the project in a text editor and remove any maps you see in the window list. Maybe that will make a difference.
Negative. This is really weird. Even tried resetting the open windows altogether but still nothing. I'm going to check/post any log files to see if anything weird is popping up when I compile and run it. It's difficult to fix without even knowing what the problem is... Bleh.
What I do know is that this hasn't happened on any other computers, which means that it's just this one computer causing trouble, but why it's doing it is frustrating. I've updated and reinstalled BYOND... Hmm... You know, i just thought of something. It's pausing at the logging in message and just ticking. Im going to check my firewall settings really quickly...
Weird. I had my pager set to not log in as a guest if the pager wasn't running, and it froze the loading. That's really weird because my pager IS running... Hmm. Weird issue, but either way I've got it working now.