ID:1970962

Resolved
Turf information messages sometimes sent info about more turfs than expected, causing area IDs to be read incorrectly.
BYOND Version:509.1309
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 46.0.2490.71
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

[Exhibit 1] [Exhibit 2]

When a client is transported a long distance (or even short distances, but never when the player is moving tile-by-tile), random segments of /area are assigned an incorrect luminosity setting (that is, they are given a luminosity of 0 rather than 1).

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it usually happens in screen-wide horizontal strips, but rarely in entire blocks of the map as can be seen in Exhibit 1.

Currently this can be reproduced by just warping around our game's map a lot.
Curious. I saw this on one tile and was unable to identify the cause, except that the tile pointed to an area ID that seemingly didn't exist. I'll have to try the warping thing.

Incidentally, is there any way I can get Severed to save my progress so I don't have to go through the opening every time?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Incidentally, is there any way I can get Severed to save my progress so I don't have to go through the opening every time?

It sounds like your version is outdated. If you send me your Assembla username or e-mail, I'll invite you to the SVN.
I don't use Assembla; I've just been receiving copies of the source directly to work with.

I tried to test this and found I can no longer warp all over the map. I might need to try with an older version that still lets me do that. Feh.
In response to Lummox JR
Try CTRL+click. I rebound the teleport action to that.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Turf information messages sometimes sent info about more turfs than expected, causing area IDs to be read incorrectly.