ID:1973169

BYOND Version:509 (please use Other... and specify minor build)
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 46.0.2490.80
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
You cannot include a the window of a skin object when using screen_loc or << output(). You can only reference it by its name alone. The reason I want it to be include the ability to reference its window is because I don't want any conflicts and don't want to give skin objects 1000 different names that does the same thing just to have them referenced.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
screen_loc = "[window].[skin object]:[x1]:[x2],[y1]:[y2]"
usr << output([msg],"[window].[skin object]")

Expected Results:
Screen loc being set to the skin object of that window

Actual Results:
Screen loc is not being set to that

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Yes
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When you don't include the window

</<>
screen_loc doesn't support window.control format, but it's documented. It wouldn't hurt for it to work, though.
DM Reference:
You can use HUD objects in any additional map controls that might appear in game's skin file. If you have a second map named "map2" for instance, then you can use "map2:1,1" or something similar as a screen_loc. If the map control is set to automatically scale to fit its contents, it will try to show every object you put there. (NOTE: You should not use the full window.control name, just the name of the control itself. Map controls should always have unique names.)

I think output() should definitely support the full window.control format, but I don't know if it has ever worked before.
Output should definitely allow the decorated name; if it's not doing so for you, I need to see source to verify what's going on. If you can distill this to a small demo that's even better. This proc uses the same lookup practically everything else does, so there's no reason a decorated name wouldn't work unless it's using bogus characters or something.

For screen_loc the current behavior is intentional; altering that belongs in a feature request.