ID:1973253

Poll: Bar Soap or Body Wash?

Bar Soap 40% (14)
Body Wash 60% (21)

Login to vote.

Don't think too much about it. There will be a couple more polls coming. Just answer them honestly and leave a comment, if you feel the need.
I'm #TeamBarSoap, for those curious.
What are those things?
I say body wash, but that's because I share my shower.

I'm afraid if I used a bar of soap that someone will take it and scrub their butt crack.
I like them equally for different reasons. For the reason stated above, I consider that a con for bars of soap. On the other hand, bars seem to be better for my skin. Could be a placebo effect. They also seem to last me longer, as I'm more inclined to waste body wash since it's a liquid.

Body wash is nice because it's easy to transport. I don't like those soap bar containers cause they get filled with soap grime. And if someone borrows it, it's not a big deal. I've yet to work out of my favorite bars or body washes are very different in price, but that's something to consider. My current buy is body wash, but there have been equal times that I've switched over to bars of soap.

A more heated debate from me would be shower poufs vs wash rags.
Body wash...!
Yut Put wrote:
shower poufs are clearly the superior option

1. you don't feel the need to clean them because of how porous they are; they practically wash themselves by existing

2. they make everything so sudsy that you get more out of body wash

Nailed it.
Ok. It's on.

Shower poufs are disgusting. They exist to harbor bacteria and mold. You need to replace them every < 1 month because by then they've become absolutely disgusting. Any money you save on body wash (which is questionable, at best) you spend buying new poufs. I wash my wash rag every week. It suds up splendidly. Wash rags exfoliate the skin, while poufs don't feel like you're doing anything. You're just rubbing a soft, moldy little thing over your body and not actually exfoliating the skin. Do you even replace your pouf? It sounds like you don't. Most people don't realize how disgusting they are. I can tell you that my housemates replace their poufs practically every year. Think about it. You can machine wash your wash rag, it exfoliates your skin better, and it just plain gets you cleaner. Just getting suds on your body isn't enough, and that's all the pouf is doing. Poufs are literally perfect environments for mold and bacteria growth. If you absolutely must use that disgusting thing, please go buy a new one.
Body wash is for people who are trying to be cool.

Bar soap is for people who already know they're cool.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Body wash is for people who are trying to be cool.

Bar soap is for people who already know they're cool.

Body wash is for those who want to smell like fruits bar of soap is for those who dont like to touch themselves.

#truth.
I use a shower loofa, but I do agree with Fugs - they're a magnet and breeding ground for bacteria and mold. I don't buy new ones as often as I should but I still get new ones at least bimonthly.

I disagree with the statement that loofas don't exfoliate your skin, though. They do a great job, if not better than rags, because the porous texture catches on loose skin, dirt, etc. easier than a rag(assuming you're not using a particularly coarse rag).
You should clarify if you're using a loofah or a pouf, cause the difference is pretty significant. I was talking purely about poufs. Loofahs definitely exfoliate, but they're even worse environments when it comes to bacteria and mold than poufs are due to that very extreme exfoliating property. The bacteria eats the dead skin cells and thrives in the nooks and crannies of that loofah while it sits in the perfectly humid and stagnant environment of your shower.

I'm still a strong advocate for the rag even against the loofah for that very reason. On the subject of the exfoliation, the wash rag is a nice even middle ground.

LOL
LOL
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:

LOL

GG.
For the record, by loofa I was referring to these things. I guess my shower terminology is lacking, lol.

I use my hands...I'm a dirty dirty person :P.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Mr_Goober wrote:

LOL

GG.

I think the best part about this is the flip side says, "I have a clean.."
Genius.
I use a bar of soap because I'm not an inhuman monster.