ID:1974077

Poll: Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes! 32% (10)
No! 67% (21)

Login to vote.

We're trucking away at these polls and here's #6 asking if you believe in ghosts! Should be simple enough.

I believe in ghosts, but not so much in the "boogity boogity boo" sense.
Until I see proof, No.
I'm proof.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
I'm proof.

That was perfect.
This was an easy one.

I voted 'Yes', reason being my family and I have a long history of seeing, hearing, or otherwise communicating with spirits (though I suspect 'spirit' and 'ghost' may be synonymous terms to the OP, I don't consider them the same form of entities). It's definitely not in the "boogity-boogity-boo" sense; it's usually people who may need help or guidance, have a purpose here (i.e. a message to pass on, protection spirits, waiting for and/or guiding a loved one, etc.), and so on.
This was an easy one.

I Googled it and it turns out, the 2015 Rolls Royce Ghost indeed exists.

They also have a Wraith and Phantom as well. Many rappers own these vehicles.
I'll bite, I say no. I personally think it's most reasonable to believe that we simply stop existing when we die.
It's possible, but I've never seen one and nobody has any convincing evidence for them. So the scientific answer would be "no".
I'm a science junkie, so I can respect your stances on that. It's just between things I've experienced and the fact that we still have no idea what to make of consciousness, I think there's something more going on.

I guess I'm somewhat of a spiritualist.
That's why I say it's possible. There's a lot we don't know about the universe still. I've never experienced anything, though, and I haven't seen any evidence I found convincing. So that just leaves me right where I started.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
I'll bite, I say no. I personally think it's most reasonable to believe that we simply stop existing when we die.

I hope to never find out until it happens or I'd probably do things I wouldn't normally do lol.
Why don't you people believe in me! You're saying i don't exist when im right here DX!!!

:c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s79zLhen18I
Fun fact: Everyone's born able to see spirit energy. It's not until roughly the age of 3 or so, when you start becoming more aware of life and getting more involved in different activities, cultural or otherwise, that most children shut off that part of their brain and the ability becomes a foreign concept.

However, any and everyone has the ability to regain control over that part of their mind. The reason most don't, though, is because of the cultures we are exposed to-- particularly Western culture-- don't teach or encourage acknowledgement and honing of the spirit-- quite the opposite, actually-- it's all about one's ego. This effectively suppresses the spirit and keeps you from being the best you that you were meant to be.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
Fun fact: Everyone's born able to see spirit energy. It's not until roughly the age of 3 or so, when you start becoming more aware of life and getting more involved in different activities, cultural or otherwise, that most children shut off that part of their brain and the ability becomes a foreign concept.

However, any and everyone has the ability to regain control over that part of their mind. The reason most don't, though, is because of the cultures we are exposed to-- particularly Western culture-- don't teach or encourage acknowledgement and honing of the spirit-- quite the opposite, actually-- it's all about one's ego. This effectively suppresses the spirit and keeps you from being the best you that you were meant to be.

source?
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
FKI wrote:

source?

3 year old babbys.
In response to Kozuma3
My own experience, research, and knowledge gained from the study of various spiritual practices-- namely Kundalini Yoga, of which I practice myself-- and the teachers (or Gurus) involved in said practices.

If you're looking for a scientific source, however, I cannot help you with that. As much as some would not like to admit, science does have its boundaries, and this is one of them; this is something only learned through the spirit and the exploration of Self.
About said energy; Some woman I knew once and her friend who both claimed they could see auras/energy said I had a grey one xD
Fun fact: Cameras can see spirit energy. This is because cameras are, in fact, made of three year old children.
That' incorrect, FKI. You're still advocating for empirical science when you say that you know these things are true based on your own experience and research. We can't perceive what we can't perceive. So everything falls under the blanket of experience which can be documented.
@Kozuma: Yup, that's also a thing, though it's not very useful in most cases (it's not something I can do yet). Once you reach the state in which you can see auras, you are already adept enough to read one's state of mind before their aura color even enters the equation.

@Fugsnarf: That term is a first for me; I stand corrected. Appreciate it.
Page: 1 2