ID:1974143

Code:

Problem description:

Hi I am trying to make a game like realm of the mad god i saw it on steam and it is awsome. I am trying to install Byond but keep gettings an error:

This App Can's run on your PC
To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher

I downloaded the linux version so it will be linux compatible and couldnt find an exe. I tried renaming "beyondexe" in the bin folder to "beyond.exe" but it wont run?

How do I install byond and get linux?
@Thepenguinmaster: I'm not sure what you're talking about. This thread doesn't have anything to do with you that I can see, apart from the poster's name being similar. If there's something I'm missing that shows actual trolling, please feel free to let me know.

So Penguinbird, I'm a little unclear on your situation. What sort of computer are you trying to install BYOND on? Is it a Windows machine or a Linux box, or something else?

BYOND's full suite is Windows-compatible, so all you should have to do to install BYOND is to download the .exe installer and run it. If that isn't working, please explain what OS you're using, what file you downloaded and tried to run, and the exact text of the error message you see (that's extremely important--no paraphrasing!).

[edit]
I did find that the message you're seeing sometimes happens when trying to run x64 software on an x86 machine (which isn't the case with BYOND, since our software is only 32-bit), or can sometimes happen when the download is broken. I recommend re-downloading the installer and trying again.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
@Thepenguinmaster: I'm not sure what you're talking about. This thread doesn't have anything to do with you that I can see, apart from the poster's name being similar. If there's something I'm missing that shows actual trolling, please feel free to let me know.

There was. I saw it briefly, someone whose key begins with a 'K', if I remember correctly, posted Skype information—presumably not their own.
In response to Popisfizzy
Huh. They must have deleted it themselves, because it looks like an admin didn't do it.