ID:1974725

Light a candle for Dust Bunny, the original and still greatest grumpy cat.

May 1998 - October 29, 2015

Version 509.1312 is out today with some important new webclient stuff, including a long-awaited improvement to the rendering to bring it in line with Dream Seeker's pixel-friendly upscaling. (How it works: The containers for map objects and HUD objects are put in another container that's given a filter to force nearest-neighbor upscaling. Then that is put into still another container so the image gets scaled up to a nearest-integer size.) Some high-CPU games may find the new default rendering mode is a little too much burden, and may wish to default to the old behavior. For that you can set the rendering-mode=WebGL:low in the skinparams attribute for your map control (in a .dms file), or you can use winset() to do that. The new default is WebGL:high, for high quality.

In the process of setting up that rendering mode, I got a feel for what it'd take to implement my proposed plane-lighting idea in 510 in the webclient. Looks pretty straightforward; the hard part will be managing which icons go in which container objects. But this proves the concept is fairly sound, I think, so I'm pretty happy about that.

It's time to start brainstorming in earnest on how to bring 510's features about, as 509 is nearing completion and will soon be the stable build. I have some things in mind for the pager and Dream Maker, too, that have been on the back burner.

Tomorrow is Halloween, and in the US it's an extra-long one as the clocks go back to standard time at 2 AM that night. Gorge yourself on things that are bad for you, and play some classic scary BYOND games in the dark. And if you leave a box of donuts on your counter and the next morning find a bite out of the top of each one--especially the plain ones--you'll know that the spirit of Dust Bunny has visited your house.

Don't forget to hit up the donation box or become a Member if you haven't already. BYOND needs your support! Thanks to everyone who's helped out this month.
Loving these updates and seeing BYOND progress, it motivates me :)
Sparking for Dust Bunny. (:
I actually got a kitten two days ago after finally getting over my old cat who got squished, Bob dePhilipe Ramirez Antonio Estabahn Hulio Ricardo Mufasa Rafiki Simba George Slaughter the Third (Bob for short).

I'm being dead serious about all of that.
Keep up the great work, Lummy. I'm excited to put the plane lighting stuff to work! (:
Bob dePhilipe Ramirez Antonio Estabahn Hulio Ricardo Mufasa Rafiki Simba George Slaughter the Third
WTF
(downtoned scoring to 1/1000 of original)
I award you 115 nex for this update.
In response to Developous
How many does my response earn me?