ID:1977229

BYOND Version:509.1312
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 41.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Dream Maker seems to stop responding after viewing dmi files that are large.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Open an icon that's really big.

2) Navigate to another dmi file.

Expected Results:
Dream Maker should not crash.

Actual Results:
Dream Maker will crash, causing you to lose data and have to reopen the IDE.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
This happens every single time.
On other computers?
I am unsure if this happens on other computers.

When does the problem NOT occur?
If you navigate to something other than a DMI file, it will not crash. So, I could view the DMI, then go to a DM file and the IDE will not crash. However, the moment I visit ANY other DMI file the IDE will crash on you.

Extra Information:
I reproduced this 5 or 6 times. After in which, I wanted to know if it would crash if I viewed a PNG file instead of a DMI. It did not, and then I could not reproduce this again afterwards.

I did mention the crashing to you before, and now that I know what was causing it I figured I'd drop a bug report in-case there is something that needs fixed.

EDIT:
I was creating a test environment to reproduce the issue there, and it doesn't seem to work. It might have something to do with how large my project is. I can create a test case inside of it and resend you the source again so that you can reproduce it if you need.

Basically, just navigate to a 2000x2000 icon and then switch to another dmi file of any size.
A test case would probably be ideal. I'm sure there's an extent to which the memory is an issue, but even so it should be able to handle a file that size.
Bump, this still happens for some reason. Looking to find a fix.
I forget where I put the test project you had (I don't remember the name of it, but I'm sure it's in my test dir), but I remember looking into this and finding that it's an absolute bear. To be honest it's been super low on my priority list because there's pretty much no reason to work with a .dmi that size.
The reason why I push this one is because I initially found it when working with DMI's that are 120x120 pixels, with quite a few states. Often times when I go back and forth between the DMIs of these sizes, I end up having the editor crash and losing any changes I have made.