ID:1977444

(See the best response by NullQuery.)
Do byon support java script?

Best response
You can show a browser window to clients which supports Javascript, though you'll be stuck with whatever version of Internet Explorer that's installed on the client. (Note that this is not the case with the webclient, which only works on modern browsers such as IE, Firefox or Google Chome).

BYOND itself does not support using Javascript on the server-side, with the exception of project Terminus where I've been working on an extension to BYOND that allows you to do just that. It's still under wraps though.

So in summary: yes, if you're referring to client-side Javascript used in the browser. But it's not supported as an alternative to server code (yet).
The webclient's JS support is huge, though. You can actually create whole new UI controls besides the standard ones that Dream Seeker supports, or add custom extensions to the standard controls.
That's right. I'm actually going to develop my project in the webclient. It'll be able to reach a much wider audience and I can develop all the nice UI goodies I want. As it's regular Javascript in the browser I can even develop UI elements to show news from another website (outside of the game), etc. using Ajax calls.