ID:1977773

Poll: Would you help hide a dead body?

Yes. 43% (14)
No. 56% (18)

Login to vote.

Here's another serious question, so lets get our THINKING CAPS ON. (lolcapslikecapslock..getit?)

Imagine it's a dark and stormy night and you're chilling at home by yourself. Maybe you're making a game or complaining about other games being worse than yours on the internet when you're interrupted by an urgent knocking at your door. You pace your steps towards the door as you reluctantly fight the instinct to be scared of visitors on rainy nights. You grab the door and pull it open..

"NEVERMORE", cries the rave- /shot'd.

You answer the door and your closest living relative is standing there, obviously distressed. You ask what happened, assuming their car ran off the road or something, when they tell you they killed someone and wanted your help getting rid of the body.

You can decide for yourself the circumstances of the victims death(murder? self defense?), but how strong are your moral knots compared to your family knots?
Easy: no.
I have a strong moral "no" towards situations like this. Most cases I'd probably say no, but keep my mouth shut - I'm a very neutral person with most things (kumo ain't no snitch, bruh).

However, for certain people that I really care about, I'd probably say yes. There's only about two such people that come to mind but yeah.
I think in terms of helpfulness, it's more than enough not to report them to the police in that kind of situation. Hell no, I'm not going to help you hide a dead body unless it's not human. <-- Like, if it was an alien, sure I'll help you hide it. Plz don't dress dead people up like aliens and ask me for help though.
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
I think in terms of helpfulness, it's more than enough not to report them to the police in that kind of situation. Hell no, I'm not going to help you hide a dead body unless it's not human. <-- Like, if it was an alien, sure I'll help you hide it. Plz don't dress dead people up like aliens and ask me for help though.

So Konlet, I found this, uh, Sasquanch that I need you to help me cut up and dump at sea.
In response to Kumorii
alright man i gotchu be at your place in 5
In response to Kumorii
Yeah, I wouldn't say anything about it.

Out of love for the other person though, I would definitely decline such an offer regardless of who's involved. A life was lost and the only way to clear that issue is to deliver the remains to their loved ones and put that person to rest properly.

The alternative (hiding the body), while the immediate results may be in favor of the person hiding the body, the long-term results (assuming they are never caught) mean a stained conscious, which is worse than the longest jail sentence you could ever receive.
yeah i'd help hide the body... probably melt it down and pour it in the woods.
I'd help hide the dead body.

Unless the dead body was a big booty Asian girl in her early 20s. The reason being Asians with big bootys are almost non-existent so we need to be trying to preserve, not murder, the few Asian girls who got junk in they trunk.
Wouldn't help, but I wouldn't say anything either.
No.
This is definitely starting to get creepy. I no longer feel safe giving out this kind of information, Mr.Kumorfbii
No, and my family is the kind in which this scenario is likely to happen. nojk
It depends on who I'd be 'helping', what I'd get from it, and who the body was. I'm not helping anyone hide John Snow, but I wouldn't mind covering up the death of one 'Little Finger'. Them references too strongk tho. Like I said, certain relatives I'd turn in; some I'd help out, but it also depends on the person they killed. If it's like a little kid, of course turn them in. If it's some prick I know deserved it anyway, the body was as if it were never there(unlike others here, working nights at a heat treat plant allows me a lot more and much more efficient ways of getting rid of a body).

Not like it'd be the first time, would it?
I wouldn't hide a dead body more so than I'd dispose of it as well as I can. Remove the head and hands to prevent dental or fingerprint identification. Burn then, crush the remains with a hammer, bury the ashes. I live by a very large river, plenty of rural area to dump a body, puncture holes in basically every organ so it doesn't float when it decomposes and just wait for nature to take its course.

This is not a question I've had to answer before.
Just eat the body.
In response to Kats
They'll call you the 'proper pronoun killer', you know that; right?
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
They'll call you the 'proper pronoun killer', you know that; right?

Funny... Funny guy. Fucking comedian over here. Lol.
No, I would not help. People helping friends and family out in situations like this always end up paying for it. And if the killing was justified (self defense) or an accident, there's no reason they need to hide the body in the first place--they should call the cops themselves and own up.

I would advise them to call the cops right away, and I'd promise to testify as to their state of panic when they came by in case that might help their case.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
No, I would not help. People helping friends and family out in situations like this always end up paying for it. And if the killing was justified (self defense) or an accident, there's no reason they need to hide the body in the first place--they should call the cops themselves and own up.

I would advise them to call the cops right away, and I'd promise to testify as to their state of panic when they came by in case that might help their case.

*Clapping and tears intensify*