ID:1980006

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've had many situations where animate has been limited due to only being able to infinitely loop the animation whereas it resets at the end of the loop. I think it could benefit from having a loop -2 and -3, -2 being rewind animation once and -3 being rewind animation, then re-run the animation, and continue in that pattern until interrupted.

In my opinion the animate proc is most limited by the fact that atoms don't have 'animation sets'. A set of multiple individual animate parameters that has a pattern order. This would allow for complex animation loops.

For example: animate_set = list(a ball floats up, disappears. , the ball slowly fades in. , the ball's color changes white while floating back down to its original position)

this animation set, repeating infinitely, is currently impossible using loop=-1 on a single atom
Rewinding is really moot because you can always simply add more steps to the animation to make it rewind. Animating values independently of one another, however is something that can't be done yet.