ID:1980464

BYOND Version:509* (use Other instead; specify full version number)
Operating System:Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 46.0.2490.80
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
So I originally thought this was an issue that'd get cleared up over time, but it's been some time now and nothing, so I guess I should report it. For reference it happens on all versions, including latest.

I just, never connect to games on the webclient. I just get a black screen. Always. Lol. Nothing happens. Anything I can do to help I'll be willing, just let me know how!
Any information here would be helpful.

For instance, you didn't include the version number in the report template. Which specific version have you seen this happening with most recently, or are you simply talking about games people are already hosting? (If it's the latter, I'll need information about which games it is and what versions are being hosted.) What does your JavaScript console say when you try to connect to these games?
Hmm. I have no particular knowledge of what version games are running, is there an easy way of getting that?

Also "For reference it happens on all versions, including latest.". I uhh, explicitly said that.

I can run all of the games when they're not through the webclient, but obviously I can't connect to games hosted since the webclient just never loads.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Hmm. I have no particular knowledge of what version games are running, is there an easy way of getting that?

Not really, no. For webclient bug reports it helps to be the one running the server, because then you can know. Try running a test on your own and connecting to that, and see what happens.

Also "For reference it happens on all versions, including latest.". I uhh, explicitly said that.

But in the bug report template itself you picked an invalid option. However at the moment I can see how you couldn't have filled it in anyway, since you don't have version info yet.