ID:1980597

I'm soon going to buy a new computer and finally get into serious game creation while I do byond programming on the side.

I just want to know from the Byond Community, what are good game engines that can create projects for multiple platforms like mobile, website, consoles, pc, etc and why.

I want to know the really good ones that have a great background behind them like Unreal Engine, not really new stuff.
Gamemaker Studio & Unity
Every BYONDer Ever wrote:
Unity
I'm gradually picking up Java to build some projects in LibGDX.

Unity was my first option, but then I found out their web games cannot be played in Google Chrome anymore (not without some hacks at least, and most players won't be willing to do such a thing). Game changer for me since browser gaming was my main target.
Unity, RPG Maker, or (If you're good at it) Unreal Engine
You want to make seriously impressive games in a seriously powerful engine?
Unreal.
You want to make seriously impressive games in a lesser powerful engine?
Unity.
You want to make less impressive games in a less powerful engine, but it will run on absolutely anything?
jMonkeyEngine
You want to make less impressive games in a less powerful engine?
Game Maker.
You want to make log punching simulators?
DM.

The less impressive and less powerful you get, the easier the engine gets to use. Also this list is in order of impressiveness, powerfulness, and difficulty of use.
Question. Is making your own game engine to fit your own means complicated?
Java is not a game development engine.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Well, that's not really accurate. There are a lot of Java games. Just because it doesn't come pre-fit with game making tools doesn't mean it's not suitable for a game engine, that's what libraries are for. Minecraft.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Well, that's not really accurate. There are a lot of Java games. Just because it doesn't come pre-fit with game making tools doesn't mean it's not suitable for a game engine, that's what libraries are for. Minecraft.

There's a difference between a language that can be used to develop games, and a game engine.

Unity is a game development engine. C#, the language most people use when developing within Unity, is a programming language. I'm just pointing out that you stating Java in response to a question about game engines is the equivalent of me saying C# is a game engine. He asked for engines, not languages that games can be written in.

Come at me bro.
When did I say Java was a game engine? :^)
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:

Obviously I was just seeing things. :^)
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Rushnut wrote:

Obviously I was just seeing things. :^)

Haha crazy Empirez (^;