ID:1981215

So I'm not sure if there was any talk for BYOND doing full screen anymore, going back to the thread back in like 2009 or something. But I want to go back to see if there will be any options to switch between Full-screen or Windowed. I'm not good at programming in any way, shape, or form. I'm more geared towards designing interfaces. So I want to know if there is going to be a way for the interface to at least stretch out to every player's screen resolution at the very least. I'm currently having an issue with having the interface being proportionate. What would make it easier is if it automatically adjust to every screen or if we could get a fullscreen option.

This is the previous post that I'm talking about; http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=132831
Hmm.

To emulate fullscreen you need to turn off the status bar thing at the top of the window, maximise the window, and then set the map control to be the same size as the window. So I assume to un-fullscreen it, you make the window smaller than full-size, put the status bar thing back at the top, and then re-size the map again to be as big as the window.
"Windowed fullscreen" is currently possible. Rushnut pretty much nails the process; you want to winset the window's is-maximized, menu, titlebar, can-resize, and border to do windowed fullscreen.

You can play around with this to see what I mean; Just create character, wait for it to finish loading, then press F4.

If you're using a DMF interface, make sure to set your anchors correctly. The way anchors work is, you're making the different corners of the DMF element scale proportionately with a point on the window or pane, in terms of a % of the window or pane's dimensions. The autoset anchors function is super useful for making your DMF elements scale approximately correctly.
Just a coincidence. I used this topic in some example training I put together recently.

How to do fullscreen games

*edit* - Should point out that my goal wasn't to perfectly articulate how to do full screen. My goal was to get through some primitive example to demonstrate the walk-through concept.