ID:1981332

Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
At the moment it's not possible to remember your login for the webclient. Can this feature be added (in the future)? Thanks. Low priority IMO.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Since my browser auto-fills in the password, it's pretty fast to login. But it's still annoying to have to login every time when I'm testing in the webclient.
The play/embed version does this but the play version does not. Testers should always use the latter.

I plan to work on login foo at some point to simplify things.
I am using the play/embed version, but my login is not remembered. Browser auto-fills the password for me so I can login, but it doesn't automatically login.

Note that there should probably be a checkbox to indicate if you're on a public computer. If checked, don't remember. If unchecked, remember the login for at least the current browser session (though ideally it's linked to the website login).
I meant the play/embed version requires the login each time, not that it's the one that remembers. Sorry for the confusion; I worded that badly. Bottom line is you're testing with the wrong one.
I use and prefer to play/embed version because it uses the correct screen size the game uses. My project uses a 1024x768 viewport and the play version doesn't acknowledge that.
Do we have the option to turn this off completely? I'd rather not have my users login to a BYOND account when it's not needed. Maybe force as guest if FLAG is on?
On one hand I have no problem if I'm automatically logged in regardless of which client I use. But I also see that it could be strange to suddenly be logged into a BYOND.com account when visiting "MyAwesomeGame.com/play.php".

If anything could the regular 'play' link be the same as the 'play/embed' link, with the game embedded into the entire screen instead of just a small block in the center?

If you set X-Frame-Options on the 'play' link you can prevent developers from embedding that page as an iframe on their website.

This way, we can still link directly to byond.com/play for games to be played in their intended screen resolutions, but logins can be remembered so that the player doesn't have to reauthenticate every time. And because the user can clearly see they're on byond.com in the location bar, this shouldn't be a problem. Right?
byond.com/play/site should ALWAYS remember the auth.
I've thought about this some more, and the problem I have with this isn't that I have to confirm that I'm NullQuery every time, but rather that I need to completely log in every time.

My suggestion therefore is to modify the login page so it shows something like:

"Welcome back NullQuery! Click here to join this game.

(Click here if you want to log in as a different user)"

This can be presented a little better of course, but it's more user-friendly (and in style with what other websites do) if you ask the player if they want to join with their already logged in account or if they want to log in under another user.