Hrm, I'd try going beyond that quite a ways, because local vars need to be accounted for. Like up to +40 if need be.
In response to Lummox JR
To add to this, feel free to omit negative values. You might also consider doing an `x/s $ebp` -- see if it's address is near $esp (or if the frame pointer is being omitted-- kinda depends on whether or not it's explicitly being compiled with -fno-omit-frame-pointer (assuming GCC) or if it's an "old"-ish version of GCC, this used to be the default).

If $ebp is actually nearby, then the arguments should be at $ebp + 4 and $ebp + 8.
Oh, I had forgotten ebp could be mixed up in this.
We reverted to 508.1290 and we're surprisingly still getting this issue on Eternia...

I'll be absolutely frank. I have no idea what I'm looking for, or even doing with this.
If that's with the webclient, then it isn't surprising because the code that's hanging hasn't changed a lot since 508. It's changed a little, but there was a likelihood that whatever hit 509 would hit 508 too. However the fact that there's no DMTextPrinter::PrintText() stack frame would suggest that maybe that's a different issue, and you might be chasing an old bug that's since been fixed.

A live debugging session of the original issue (the webclient hangup in 509) between the two of us would probably be the ideal way to handle this, since I have a pretty good idea of where to look. Either that, or maybe you could get gdb to dump a core for you and if it's not too big, I could run some tests on it. (The odds of it not being too big are pretty poor, though.) Another option, though understandably not attractive, is to provide me a login on the machine that I can use temporarily, with the core file in a directory I can get to, so that I can try running gdb directly on the machine.

The gist of it is, I know what I would try if I had this up in front of me, so if we worked together live then I could at least relay some commands to you. It'd be clunky that way but it'd work.
In response to Lummox JR
I have no problems giving you SSH credentials to the box. I'll PM you the credentials now, actually.

The main problem is you'd need to be online and active when one of these crashes happen. Ideally we don't want the server to be offline for very long - we don't want to upset our players with excessive downtimes.
Page: 1 2