ID:1983616

(See the best response by Super Saiyan X.)
Is it possible to disable Web-Client hosting using coding? Say someone trys to host a game and has the web-client feature on, is there anything I can do on my end to force the server to not host if its on?
Best response
You can use world/IsBanned() with the connection type argument to deny connections before resources are loaded.
All right ill look it up, thanks mate.
Why force it off, though? If there are issues I'd rather know about them and fix them. Ideally all the games would be hosted for both.
Because I haven't set up my game to use the web client just yet and just put out public host files. Some people don't know how to toggle that off and there's this odd thing when a client connects through the web they get every verb in the game even admin tabs.

I will eventually get around to setting it up for the web just haven't found the time to look into what's needed o do it.
In response to Darker Emerald
Darker Emerald wrote:
Because I haven't set up my game to use the web client just yet and just put out public host files.
I will eventually get around to setting it up for the web just haven't found the time to look into what's needed o do it.
There is no set up required for the web client.

Some people don't know how to toggle that off and there's this odd thing when a client connects through the web they get every verb in the game even admin tabs.
That sounds like a bug that would be fixed if only people reported them.

Well the web client does handle typical .dmf stuff weird ( looks weird in the webclient).
Yeah, I know the web-client does need some extra stuff interface wise and my game relies heavily on the byond skin and its windows and a second map for the dynamic mini-map my game uses.
In response to Darker Emerald
Darker Emerald wrote:
Yeah, I know the web-client does need some extra stuff interface wise and my game relies heavily on the byond skin and its windows and a second map for the dynamic mini-map my game uses.

Pretty sure webclient has had seperate maps for a while now, and it might be able to handle the multiple windows (IDK yet though) with some work.
Multiple maps have definitely been supported for some time, and window support is built in too.

About the only major thing still not supported is the menu control.
Hrm, in that case I'll definitely take some time to look over the new web-client reference than. There are some mac users that I know who want to play so it would definitely be nice to use the web-client to branch out a bit further.
The webclient will translate your skin automatically for you, so for most games there shouldn't be any real changes required to get it working.
All right that's good to know, I only tried it when it first came out so I was not sure what's changed since. Ill take a few days to try some tests on a temporary server.
A lot has changed, really. Throughout the 507 series I was busily adding features to it, and in 508 I completed DSification (which allowed for multiple maps).
Lummox I just tried out the web-client can you take a look at my post here?

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1986273