ID:1983703

Not Feasible
Applies to:

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Usually when making a game you're going to decide between either Pixel movement, or no pixel movement. If you're going with no pixel movement, then there's a lot of extra variables and memory being used on redundant things.

It'd be nice if they weren't even included unless something forced them to be.
The only variables that are pixel movement-only are step_x and step_y.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
The only variables that are pixel movement-only are step_x and step_y.

step_size, and the associated useless procs (when using tile based movement)

Plus it's the general point that if someone writes a bunch of stuff that isn't meant for tile based movement, it'll break everything else in your project. It makes sense, but it's not particularly friendly.
In response to Rushnut
When step_size is set to a multiple of world.icon_size, you move multiple tiles at once. Not pixel movement.

When bounds (bound_width, _height, _x, _y) are set to multiples of world.icon_size, you occupy multiple tiles. Not pixel movement.

However,

I can see a use for this to modify the args of Move() so that you can add arguments without having to skip over step_x and step_y. Of course, this might make it very difficult to convert your project to pixel movement if you wanted to, but that's probably to be expected.

Enabling pixel movement might also un-define tile-movement-only variables like glide_size and animate_movement.

I can also see a use for a more general "syntax version" filter to completely get rid of actual deprecated stuff like lentext(), addtext(), findText(), pixel_step_size, maybe goto.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
I can also see a use for a more general "syntax version" filter to completely get rid of actual deprecated stuff like lentext(), addtext(), findText(), pixel_step_size, maybe goto.

findText() generates a warning, so there's that. goto is not and will never be deprecated.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)