Fairy Tail

by Ryan-hemsley
Fairy Tail
A game in develepment based on the anime Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima.
well, minor bump in the road to demo v2

Got WalkerPlus working with a modification to a line or two including the tag.

also fixed a bug I already noticed with trying to give the summons the ability to walk.

a couple fixes left to go over with scenery objects that no one posted...

and Saving System....
Every single time ive tried to tackle this little...it has blown up in my face time and time again. I do NOT know why this is so annoying, but the 'Three Slot' Save System seems to have only one reference file, and its extremely flawed.

So, I have to go through it, sweeping out bugs in its code.

luckily, I just kept all the save system stuff in one place.

Other than that, trying to make sure you can actually do damage, and that you don't stay in a particular state forever.

Once I get the Save System running, Ill drop v2.

but that might take a day or two, and I may end up rewriting this whole thing.

Not to mention that this will also include spell retention, and full file deletion....

yup, Demo v2 looks like it may be up sometime Monday....at the earliest.
well, I took a look at the save system, and for whatever reason (probably for demo purposes), the game was reading the savefile right before deleting it. this would basically have the effect, in fairy tail, of adding a whole character worth of crap(besides stats) to a new character.

theres still some issues being handled with the loading system, but I should be able to get that done today.

I also am going to get a Hairstyle or 3 rolling out within the next two days, so theres a tad bit of physical content along with this system update.
alright, im pretty sure there should still be at least one bug with Loading. Is there seriously no one feeling the need to report something for patch 2? because I mean, im just working on content right now, and if theres no bugs....well, that's just surprising.

Anyway, speaking of content. Im going to try and polish up the female base, some hairstyles, and clothing for the game(probably a shirt, pants, and shoes atm). So I can start running up the NPC generator to make Friendly and Hostile Human NPCs.

I may make some Human Mobs capable of using specific magics, as a balance to an idea im having for the drops on the Summon Mobs im making Hostile.

And of course, Im starting on the First of many more magics too be added: Dark Ecriture.

That's right, its back, and with some new shit.
Heres the Plan:
Destruction(Projectile), Pain Beam(Beam), Pain Slash(Melee), Circle Destruction(AoE Projectile), Disarray(Mass Projectile), Reflect(Shield), Wide Destruction(Multi-Projectile), Slaughter(Big Projectile), Annihilate(Multi-Beam), Arena(AoE), Destruction Slash(AoE Melee), Trap(Landmine), Wings(Transformation), Boost(Self Buff), Fear(Target Debuff), Slay(Charge), and Dark Rule(Mob Summon).

should be loads of fun.
so, I wanna talk a bit about Crafting stuff and the new actual update to that.

So, first off, I want to remind you guys that This Crafting System is a technical Replacement on the generalized 'Smithing' Skill.

The Skills that will replace this Skill include: Gem Crafting, Lacrima Crafting, Metal Crafting, Wood Crafting, Bone Crafting, and Leather Crafting.

this breaks most crafting of weapons and armor into these general 'substance' crafting skills.

Now, onto the first physical change that im making....

The Anvil, The Furnace, and The Lacrima Crafting Table, they were such a nuisance especially apart, so I just decided to put them all together into a giant Multi-Tile Workshop.

This also has a 'Workshop Table' with various Tools, I may remove them and put some other stuff on the table, im not sure....Theres also a Bucket filled with Water next to a table with a Bowl and paintbrush.

Yes, a Paintbrush, because I like customization, so I will probably include the ability to Paint equipment.

Now, theres still the massive system of crafting, and a butt load of equipment crap, but its looking like this may be good, or may be bad, ill be toying around with crap and the crafting system, so this wont be in the NEXT patch, but ill try and get a crafting system in by the time of the beta.

anyway, yeah....
so that's all on that for right now, post some stuff tomorrow about the next 'update'
well, after quick look at the end of the day, it looks like dragon slayers lead tremendously, which means crafting system gets pushed back...again, I mean, then again, it was just something I was pushing forward instead of the female base, but regardless.

That mean, im going to start a bit of work on the DS magics, unless of course, a bunch of people decide that theyd rather the game having uses for all those resources, rather than more magics....

oh well.
WOOO.

So, although the polls say I shouldn't, I felt that the crafting system was some code that I just would forget if I didn't try and pump it out.

So, I did.
So, now you can make Weapons...
well, ok, right now you can only make One Handed Swords, but still, it works, dammit.

Items useable atm: Blade(Bronze, Silver, Gold, Iron, Platinum, Emerald, Ruby, Amethyst, Sapphire, Adamantine, Ash), Edge(Bronze, Silver, Gold, Iron, Platinum, Emerald, Ruby, Amethyst, Sapphire, Adamantine, Ash), Handguard(Bronze, Silver, Gold, Iron, Platinum, Emerald, Ruby, Amethyst, Sapphire, Adamantine, Ash), Handle(Cloth)

anyway, more dragon slayer and crafting stuff coming soon.
oh, btw, almost forgot to share this:
http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/19/05/82/90/scrnsh10.png
oh so much stuff to update, but with no real update to content.

Been working on the Material Database for the Weapons in the crafting system, and oh dear god, theres a lot.

Now you can Make One Handed Swords and Two Handed Spears out of Iron, Bronze, Steel, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Adamantine, Emerald, Ruby, Amethyst, Diamond, Sapphire, Ash, Oak, Pine, Cherry, Palm, and Bone, with Cloth, Wool, and Fur options for the Handles.

Now, why am I working on this when the polls obviously show that Dragonslayers are winning.

Well, that has to do with a nice little variable I call Ryan.

That's right, that Ryan. I go in contact with him, and he said he could grab the computer with the original FT files on it out of his cupboard for me, and with any luck, sometime today, I will have a LOT of stuff to work with, including all the spells that I haven't done.

Now, this means, until I have those files, I still need to be productive, but not potentially counter-productive, so thus, material database is being worked on until I know what I have that I can work with.
geh, ryan is so useless right now >.<

oh well, back to dragon-ness

Been pumping out some spells(old and new), working on various ideas for the spell list for some of the slayers

Im hoping to atleast have Fire Dragon Slayer up and running by he end of this weekend.

I also thought I'd give you guys a small update on myself.

See, about a week(and 3 days now) ago I lost my job irl, so i got a bit of downtime while looking for a new job to work on ft.(although, due to mixed communication with ryan, it wasn't very productive).

Now, however, is my 3rd day(well, coming up to it) at a new job, a night. 11pm-7am to be precise, its a pain, and I smell like burning rubber, but, it pays well.

anyway, that's a small update from me and my world.
well, dragons are pumping out

all of them have at least 2 spells now, and im working on the general idea for most of their lists.

Fire Dragon Slayer has like...6 Spells Left, including a Multi-Projectile, Multi-Beam, Target Debuff, Self Buff, Shield, and a Transformation.

everything besides Lightning, Iron, Ice and Sky only have 2 spells(those 4 have 1-2 other spells already), so its coming along nicely.

so, yeah, dragons, dragons everywhere.
@.@ so much dragon

So, I have mostly an idea what im doing with Fire, Iron, Sky, Lightning, and Poison.

which just leaves a massive amount of coding and iconning(mostly the iconning).

Fire: 4 spells
Iron: 8 spells
Sky: 11 spells
Lightning: 12 spells
Poison: 10 spells
so, little update on my 'progress'

Fire Dragon Slayer: 4 Spells Remaining(Self Buff, Target Debuff, Transformation, and Shield)
Iron Dragon Slayer: 4 Spells Remaining(AoE Melee, Charge, Transformation, and Big Projectile)
Sky Dragon Slayer: 10ish Spells Remaining(Projectile, Shield, Transformation, Self Buff(1-2), AoE, AoE Projectile, Landmine, Multi Projectile, Multi Beam, and big projectile)
Poison Dragon Slayer: 10 Spells remaining(Self Buff, Multi Projectile, Mass Projectile, AoE, Charge, Shield, Transformation, Big Projectile, Multi Beam, Landmine)
Lightning Dragon Slayer: 11 spells(Landmine, Aoe Melee, AoE, Mass Projectile, Multi Projectile, Big Projectile, Multi Beam, Shield, Transformation, AoE Projectile, and self buff)
Shadow Dragon Slayer: 11 spells+ remaining(not sure what just yet, ill get back to you on that).
White Dragon Slayer: Same as Shadow Dragon Slayer

so, while it may look like still a buttload of work, I may want to remind you all that right now I am kind of basically whittling down 7 magics all together, instead of one at a time. This means we'd bring the grand total to somewhere around 15, somewhere about doubling the magics I launched the demo with.

its also a good deal easier since MOST of the spells are similar to a spell from a lower magic/another dragon slayer magic.

The hard part is, that canon-wise, these magics are pretty sparce with diversity(I think canon Fire Dragon Slayer has like....4 Charge Spells.) so, I have to come up with a good number of spell ideas.

I think once I get these 7 done, im going to upload the patch and begin working on the map. and since yall will have no real room to whine that I didn't give you a dragon slayer type from canon, that also means I can actually work on some system codes that desperately need to be in game, instead of me JUST adding spell content.

and once I have the map done, and most of the system crap installed, I think im going to drop into Beta. Its not exactly where I hoped I was going to be, but you make some cuts when you realize that your the only one working on a project.

anyway, that's all for a progress update today.
Page: 1 2 3