ID:1985754

(See the best response by Somepotato.)
Code:

Problem description:

I have been away from byond for..awhile. I've been trying to test my ability to host to see if it's worth working on anything, but I'm having a slight issue. When I use dream daemon to host, I have a port forwarded through my Comcast router as well as my firewall, but players are still unable to connect to any game I put up. Dream daemon does say the port is open for players, so I'm not sure what my issue is atm. Any idea's or fixes would be great. I am running off a laptop in case that helps.
Best response
Whats the server publicity set to? This won't matter, but as an example just give more details.

You did give them your external IP and not your local one right?
Set to public, if I'm understanding you right
DreamDaemon gives a BYOND link that you can click to copy. Have you sent that link to your friends?
I have my brother testing it, as well as me trying to connect from outside dream daemon. The link is http://www.byond.com/play/73.214.162.246:35001
I was able to connect. The issue is on their end, not yours. Make sure they don't have any firewall that may inhibit connections to your IP.
O so you were able to connect into the game?
Yes, so like I said it is likely an issue on their end.
Public internet such as those at colleges or libraries may inhibit connectivity to nonstandard ports, so basically if they're not at a home connection there's little they can do aside from using whats called a VPN, which is rather difficult to setup. Alternatively, you could try using port 80, but that isn't recommended and the firewall likely still would prevent that.
Now that I look I see your name in dream daemon
Haha, there actually right next to me. I'm running off wireless, there on the wired connection. My internet is 150mbps Comcast blast home internet
Then instead connect using your LAN ip, with the same port. If you don't know how to get it, I can help you with that as well.
I'm currently using my WAN and I don't use an Ethernet cable. He's only on Lan so I don't think that should be an issue
Since you are connected over WiFi, you are connected to the LAN as are your friends.
Find your local IP, append the port with a colon and then the port number, and direct connect to the result.
Example:

byond://<lan ip>:<port>
I was thinking of something different, networking isnt my strong suit. Do you mean for linking them to the game use that?
Yes. Have them connect with the new BYOND url that uses your LAN ip.
byond://10.0.0.123:35001 so something like that
Yes
For future reference post issues like this in BYOND help
Page: 1 2