In response to Rushnut
Ideally revenue should be coming from games that have subscription systems - need more people playing with the engine for that
Sure but even then, if a few good games were made and the service got an upswing in subscriptions, that's still going to not fix my issue. I'm not looking for ways to get more people to subscribe, but rather, *shudder* a feature semi-like BYONDimes. A microtransaction, something people can continuously spend money on and get something in return. I want to help fund BYOND.
Make a byond the game <---.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
It might not be an issue, but I think these licenses typically apply to derivative works, not just redistribution. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm looking through the license to try and put the pieces together and figure out exactly what is allowed, but I feel that just paying for them and trying to resell them would at minimum fall in a gray area for a CC license.

As for RPG Maker, I'm 99% sure you're allowed to use their pre-supplied graphics with the caveat that you use it in an RPG Maker game. You can sell it with the game, but you can't, for example, just outright sell the artwork by itself, or use the artwork in a game that doesn't use the RPG Maker engine.

[Edit]

As for CC, I think the important sections (using this as my reference point), are 1(a), 2(a)(4), and 2(a)(5). They seem to be the ones that would specifically restrict this sort of thing, i.e. your work has to really qualify as a derivative work before you could sell it.

You're looking at the wrong CC Licence. Hopefully this will make it simpler.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/

We would need the simple CC-BY licence. Allows for the most freedom/commercial uses, only requirement is the publisher needs to be sourced/acknowledged in your work in some way. You would need to place something along the lines of Artistic Resources: Byond inc. or something(whatever byond is registered as, if it is registered as a business or the website) Works as a bonus for letting people know about byond.

You linked the Share-Alike Licence agreement information page.

In response to WeabooGamesInc
WeabooGamesInc wrote:
You're looking at the wrong CC Licence. Hopefully this will make it simpler.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/

We would need the simple CC-BY licence.

Ah, yeah, it does look like that one would allow it. My bad.
Page: 1 2