ID:1986546

Not Feasible
Applies to:DM Language

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
I know we've got invisibility but what about a list on the client that causes them to not draw the types given in the list.
+100494195723456535563635675676 pls
Type info is not known to the client. Adding it for this purpose doesn't seem as reasonable as finding another way to hide the icons.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)
Just out of curiosity, are there other feasible options for more control over which client can see what? It's just that atom.invisibility and mob.see_invisible isn't as flexible as most of us would like.

From what I understand, to have complete control we'd need to use images. While a library could be created for such things, I'd personally like to see something native that is much more flexible than the current options that we have.
It isn't type-based, but you can already give specific objects selective invisibility by attaching an invisible image with override enabled. By sending that image to any number of clients, the object's visible appearance is replaced by the invisible one, for those clients.
Ah, I see. Not a bad work-around. I'll have to try this out sometime. Thanks, Kaiochao!
In response to Kaiochao
I was a bit wrong here. The "invisibility" part of an appearance won't be overridden by the image, but if the image has a blank icon or 0 alpha, the object that the image is attached to will of course become icon-less.

I had thought that an image with override enabled would completely replace the "appearance" of the object that it's attached to, but apparently it only affects certain variables, not all of the appearance variables.

For instance, it doesn't seem possible to override opacity so that an object that is normally opaque would not be opaque to anyone seeing a non-opaque image overriding it.

Feature request?