ID:1986608

I get random game screen lock ups in Space Station 13. The chat and sounds still work, but the actual game locks up. The only way of fixing the problem is closing the SS13 client and rejoining the server. Which for SS13 is bad because it makes my character lose consciousness every time. Is this a BYOND thing or a SS13 thing? Any known fixes for this issue?
This is a known issue being worked on, please be patient!

It might be worth giving it a bump with any extra info you can't see already in the thread here.
Jeesh, I'll do what I can to provide more info...I've been having this problem for over a year! Must be one tricky bug! Makes my online stream a pain in the butt having to restart 2-3 sometimes 5 times during a round :-\
It really is one that's plagued us for a really long time. Thanks!
Just got this error when the game screen locked up:

winset: Element rndconsole not found.
winset: Element idcard not found.
winset: Element mob[0x30000bf] not found.
winset: Element console_stacking_machine not found.

Is this what you're looking for? Or do you need more than just that? Give me some tips to help you.
That explicitly sounds like a SS13 issue. I'd recommend taking that information to your server's forum and reporting it, if it IS related to the viewport freezing up, they'll take it to the appropriate forum.

You can find a list of servers here

Thanks.
Those errors should be fine, it's the game code trying to manage windows that might have been closed.
Yep, this issue has been around for a very long time. (Longer, actually, than some of our users have been alive.) It's been pernicious and very hard to catch, but it appears to be way more common on certain systems and in certain games.

If this happens reliably for you, you might be a candidate to try out a test build at some point with more debugging information.
Back in the good ol' days, the cause of this was clock sync issues. (it's actually why the 'your system clock is out of date!' message exists in the code).

Seems to be a whole new issue in these circumstances.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Back in the good ol' days, the cause of this was clock sync issues. (it's actually why the 'your system clock is out of date!' message exists in the code).

Seems to be a whole new issue in these circumstances.

...WELL DAMNIT MAN, you're response relates EXACTLY to my current PC's issues that I CANNOT FIX!!! The date and time does not keep updated. I've even changed the CMOS battery to find that the time and date kept for about 24 hours then went out of sync again. I have to update the system time every once in a while when it gets way out off from the real time. Very rarely after I manually update the system time, it'll keep for 24 horus or a little more...THIS must be my issue. I'm on my new Dell Inspiron right now ready to hop into a round. Let's see if I get any lock ups on this laptop (my main is a custom built desktop btw).
I'd recommend setting up Windows' internet time syncing stuff.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I'd recommend setting up Windows' internet time syncing stuff.

Already done that. Trust me, this is a very VERY strange problem that no one can seem to solve. I've even gone as far as going into Windows Task Scheduler and telling that to run the windows time update every MINUTE. My PC here, STILL did not keep time. Is that messed up or what?! My last resort is to reinstall everything on my PC to a clean state and see if Windows still doesn't keep time. If it does, then I know its the BIOS/Motherboard, if it doesn't well it could mean Windows itself. For now, though since that is a drastic measure (that i'd hate to do...) I'm just dealing with it. But now that I know that date/time update thing is probably on my end it makes me feel better. And BYOND will get less crying from me about it haha. Thanks for the tip/advice. It's appreciated!
Time ticking is done on the motherboard via a bunch of different frequency quartz crystal.

One of these has gone bad on yours...
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
Time ticking is done on the motherboard via a bunch of different frequency quartz crystal.

One of these has gone bad on yours...

Huh, well I got a water cooled system, so...I really don't know if its worth all the time, effort and money to drain, rip all of it out and put a new motherboard in...Hmm...I do have a nice 9 day break from work for xmas...'tis tempting for sure. Thanks for that information I'm going to look into it more.