ID:1986718

Resolved
When using EYE_PERSPECTIVE, the map didn't draw if the eye was on a different z-level than the player's mob.
BYOND Version:509.1314
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 46.0.2490.86
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Demo Project: http://files.byondhome.com/DarkerEmerald/BYOND%20Debug.zip

Descriptive Problem Summary:
- client.eye does not seem to work when you set it on anything other than yourself when on different z levels.

- Also took notice to atoms with verbs in range of the client.eye will popup in the web-clients commands regardless.

- clients verbs will randomly disappear when clients eye is not in range of his own mob.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I've supplied a demo project please check it.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/verb/Relocate_Eye()
if(src.client.eye != src) src.client.eye = src
else src.client.eye = locate(1, 1, 1)

Expected Results:
- client.eye should be able to see that location regardless if on the same z level or not.
- client should not randomly lose verbs when clients.eye is out of range of his own mob.
- client should not inherit any atoms with verbs within range of client.eye.

Actual Results:
- client screen goes black if not on the same z level.
- client also loses some verbs when his mob is not in range of the client eye.
- client inherits any atoms with verbs in range of client.eye.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
- Every time.
In other games?
- Yes
In other user accounts?
- Yes
On other computers?
- Unsure

When does the problem NOT occur?
- Does not occur when using dream seeker.

Workarounds:
- Only work around for the black screen problem is to set your mobs location to the location where u want the eye to be than set the eye to that location and set your mobs location back to the original spot.
As a heads-up, this project didn't upload correctly either. The map had only one z-level and there was no active code to relocate the eye to a z-level other than the current one (which was 1).
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
When using EYE_PERSPECTIVE, the map didn't draw if the eye was on a different z-level than the player's mob.
Ah I see what's going on now, All right I just uploaded them all into 1 package with a sub folder for each different code to test. Just need to check each one and compile to test each problem. Sorry for the mix up I'll try and make it more simple next time.