ID:1986787

Short and sweet. C720 Chromebook running 14.10 Ubuntu "Trusty" distro as a chroot, installed Wine and BYOND without issue.

The issue comes when trying to join any server using the "Join" button, or by using "Open Location" - nothing happens. This problem persists to Dragon Universe, but out of curiosity I tested Angel Falls, Rise of the Pirates, and Dragon-Ki, and they all work perfectly fine.

There's no error, no message. Trying to join any server while logged in simply does not work. HOWEVER, if the option "Join as guest if pager is disabled" is enabled in preferences, it loads up the server just fine.

Unfortunately, guests are almost universally disallowed on all SS13 servers, so the issue remains. The problem has to be with the login process or the account itself, because when the BYOND client tries to be a guest it's fine, but when trying to play on an account, it just adamantly refuses to do anything. Anyone else have similar issues?

tl;dr Can't play when logged in, guest-joining works fine. C720 64-bit Intel, running 14.10 Ubuntu chroot.
The BYOND pager is actually running, right?

Also, have you followed these steps: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1924853
I have not tried pursuing the PlayOnLinux route, I will try that now.

How would I figure out if the pager is running? Where is it on the interface?
It's in your system tray, if you can see the BYOND icon, it should be running (byond.exe in the binaries folder)