ID:1987463

Resolved
Saving an icon file did not reset the modified flag, and therefore did not remove the asterisk next to the filename on its tab.
BYOND Version:509.1314
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 46.0.2490.86
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When modifying an icon file, upon saving it the asterisk designating that the icon file was modified does not go away.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
  • Create a new icon file, or open an already existing one.
  • Modify the icon in some way. The asterisk should appear next to the icon's name in the open tabs bar.
  • Save the icon. The asterisk does not vanish, despite having saved the modified icon.
Expected Results:
The asterisk vanishes, as the modifications have been saved.

Actual Results:
The asterisk persists.

When does the problem NOT occur?
As far as I've seen, only icon files are affected by this. The other file types native to Dream Maker don't seem to have this issue.

Workarounds:
Closing and reopening the icon file.
I thought the asterix implied it hadn't been compiled, not that it wasn't saved?

I am possibly completely wrong on this.
Its supposed to indicate that there have been unsaved changes.
I've noticed this for code files as well; I don't think it's just icon files. Confirmed issue, though not a big deal.
In response to FKI
I don't see this happening for code files. If I make a change and undo it (with the undo option), the asterisk goes away. If I save, the asterisk goes away.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Saving an icon file did not reset the modified flag, and therefore did not remove the asterisk next to the filename on its tab.