ID:1988557

Poll: What you Guys think about Anime-Based Games?

BYOND Would be better without Terrible Anime Games. 31% (10)
I think that make Anime-Based Games is Alright. 53% (17)
I don't have a opinion about this 15% (5)

Login to vote.

No Flame Wars , please
I see no problem with anime games. I think the problem is with epidemics such as the goa-rip era. If what I grew up with, for example, was Pokémon. As a fan I'd want nothing more then to play a mmo-styled version of the game.

[Edit; Oh another problem is when they're developed by kids who have no idea what they're doing]
"Terrible Anime Games" - What do you mean?
You thinking only about peoples who's use games RIPs, or Anime category?
In response to Marekssj3
Marekssj3 wrote:
"Terrible Anime Games" - What do you mean?
You thinking only about peoples who's use games RIPs, or Anime category?

It's not about all the Anime Category. Misuterii High is a Good anime game.
BYOND has games? All I see are chat rooms.
In response to Lugia319
Says #1 developer with 0 games shipped.
In response to RoxasX-San
You know, it's interesting that people bring this up. Since about half-way through college, my focus shifted from learning how to program games to how to program in general. My interests now lie beyond that of making games. BYOND itself acted as a stepping stone. In addition, were I to make games, I would probably continue expanding on my space shooter that I made in Unity. And you probably wouldn't hear about it because you're too trapped within this cumbubble that is BYOND (You know, the reason Yut Put, one of a handful of actual game developers on BYOND, has left the community).

It's also exceedingly interesting when people that bring this up ALSO have 0 games shipped. :^)
In response to Lugia319
Lol
In response to Lugia319
Touché, that's very true because I've mostly only taken paid jobs from the 14y/o noobs you bash so hard ;). I am trying to change that though :(
My advice - get off BYOND. Very few BYOND developers, probably less than 5 are serious. Also get involved with Stack Exchange. Companies have been known to hire people who answer questions on Stack Exchange.
In response to Lugia319
I'm involved in a lot of communities, this one just happens to have an abundant supply of people willing to throw money at me like they're Trump himself.
Byond "developers" are annoying uptight retards that take byond a bit too serious and think they're "professional game developers"(no shots at anyone) for me to respect the majority of them...

but byond would be renamed to Space Station 13 with out anime games.
The caveat is that most Anime-based game developers are relatively immature, and the games are usually low quality and not particularly engaging, hence there is a negative opinion of them about the site, due to their popularity with younger people.

Personally, idgaf. Make good games, doesn't matter what style genre or ip, just make good games.
As long as you sell your soul to the Nexus, it doesn't matter what kind of game you make.

We are the Nexus. We are very wisdom. We are watch your Mom when she showers. Expect us.
RoxasX-San wrote:
I see no problem with anime games. I think the problem is with epidemics such as the goa-rip era. If what I grew up with, for example, was Pokémon. As a fan I'd want nothing more then to play a mmo-styled version of the game.

[Edit; Oh another problem is when they're developed by kids who have no idea what they're doing]

How are they problems when all you gotta do is play a game you like?

Leave dem kids alone.