ID:1988636

I am pleased to announce that BYOND 509.1315 is the new stable build. The path is clear now for 510. Today's release brings a number of webclient fixes and a couple of (I hope) speed improvements, along with a couple of miscellaneous but important fixes.

Normally I post these updates on Fridays, but since this is a short week, practically speaking it is Friday.

The regular expression library I've been playing with in hopes of inclusion in 510 is looking good, and I'm in the phase where I'm testing my additions to see how they work. I think it's looking like 510 will be the ultimate text handling release, with new features developers have been requesting for quite a while.

If you're thankful for BYOND, please hit up the donation box or become a Member if you haven't done so already. If you're in a sub-community where most of the people aren't Members, this is a good time to encourage everyone to lend their support.

Tomorrow morning I'll be live-blogging the Macy's parade on my blog, from 9 AM to noon EST. It's tradition! Shortly, I'm also going to try my hand at baking pumpkin muffins. (Wish me luck.)

For the sake of retail employees, don't go out shopping or to a movie on Thanksgiving. And if you go out on Black Friday, be one of the nice people. Retail workers need all the smiles and goodwill they can get.

Happy Thanksgiving!
looks like it's time to try the webclient out
509 has temporarily been taken off the pager due to an issue experienced by several users that did not appear in testing. According to one user it appeared as of 1314 but none of the beta testers saw it.

I expect I won't get a chance to work on this until late Thanksgiving night, but those who are experiencing the issue should follow the instructions in the bug report: attach a debugger, get a stack trace, and report the findings to me.
You really don't like Panic! At The Disco, huh? :p
I bust in and say haven't those bozos ever heard of rhythm and melody?
Teased us with 509.1315, you cometh and you taketh.
I'm having withdraws not being able to use the webclient Q.Q
You can use the webclient just fine. The issues with 509.1315 only impact certain users, and they're specific to Dream Seeker rather than the server side.
Can we have an update, "The post-stuffening" please.
An update on what?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
An update on what?

I think he means he wants you to name the next BYOND Development news 'the post-stuffening' because you named this one the pre-stuffening.
i work retail and boy am i glad i work in receiving which is what I was thinking until I went in on thanksgiving and black friday and they had us on the floor =/
Just make being a member worth it.

Tons of ideas.

Increase forum avatar sizes to 120x 120y.

give members 1 dedicated server to host a game that's what they do.

Offer premade professional sources to help new users learn, or make a game.

Give more power to member game developers on their hubs. Custom css? An awesome return?

And of course, more forum power so we can make more faces like people on other forums.

Member signatures, allowing people to advertise games with their banners html code or for regular purposes.
please no signatures
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
please no signatures

How about allow members to have signatures, but also allow them to suppress them.

And no, I REALLY don't want this.
Well we need something if management wants money guise. But ofcourse no ideas huh, just want free money.
someone make club penguinV2
I'd get a membership right now if it actually meant something other than supporting BYOND. I come here to read the comments, see progress and look at upcoming games. I haven't used a PC in a WHILE(I'm talking months). Give me something interesting and I'll support
Well we need something if management wants money guise.

What, like actually donate rather than hounding them to make the website more fun for the same 50 people that have hated each other for a decade now? Meanwhile the main developer keeps working on something for years that a community of people seem to actually enjoy despite constantly bitching about how they aren't getting enough incentive to donate anything at all?

That's just madness.

Instead, I think we should just sell the moderators.

$100 have someone permanently banned no questions asked.

$1000 become a moderator.

$50 have any comment you want deleted.

$10 have anything you want posted publicly under another person's key.

Step 2) Watch the world burn.

Or maybe we could clone Teka.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Well we need something if management wants money guise.

What, like actually donate rather than hounding them to make the website more fun for the same 50 people that have hated each other for a decade now? Meanwhile the main developer keeps working on something for years that a community of people seem to actually enjoy despite constantly bitching about how they aren't getting enough incentive to donate anything at all?

That's just madness.

Instead, I think we should just sell the moderators.

$100 have someone permanently banned no questions asked.

$1000 become a moderator.

$50 have any comment you want deleted.

$10 have anything you want posted publicly under another person's key.

Step 2) Watch the world burn.

Or maybe we could clone Teka.

A site where people can't make anything worth playing why am I not surprised? I can't sell anything to you guys so please donate. Get off the lot panhandlers. People willing to turn anything I say into an argument. L.
In response to Ter13
I understand your argument, but in this thread I explain it would be nice for BYOND to have new things to spend money on.

To paraphrase.

I already have a membership, my friends do, and I don't enjoy giving money for nothing in return.

Microtransactions pls.
Page: 1 2 3